1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case for Starting Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BMac and House are proving themselves to be inconsistent at best
    They are not cutting it .. . I know DanAndToni will let them "shoot their way out of it"

Harden - Westbrook - PJ - Hartenstein - Capela
    Maybe our best Starting Line Up

We only see the "Small Lineup" for no more than 5~7 minutes a game .
    (Of course we should start now to get Harty's wind up)

Subbing BMac or House (Or EGO in a three guard lineup)- IT would be for Capela or Harty
    Then PJ moves to the PF and we still have a legit center in the game

I think this would be our best rebounding line up
    I think this would be our best Interior defensive line up
    I think this would be our best hustle line up

At this point .. . I am far more concern with defense and rebounding than offense
    Hartenstein cannot be too too worse than House on offense at this morning

Hartenstein . . and it is a small sample
    sets better picks that House or BMac
    In fact . . . our three best pickers would be in the same line up
    two are decent roll men (PJ does not roll well and is gun shy away from the corner )

Rocket River

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Macklemore is doin what’s expected. You’re upset because you’re overestimating his capabilities. He’s exceeded my expectations. Truth is we’re jsut not a very talented team. If Harden and Westbrook arent both playing, we’re very beatable

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can't even get off the bench but Mike is gonna (or should) start him. :D

bro2044, hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

There is no case. Bmac and house are inconsistent because they're borderline nba players.

why anyone thinks they'll ever see a lineup of Capela/Ihart together is beyond me.

the only case for Ihart is that he should be getting some backup minutes

HP3 likes this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

uhhh no. spacing would be horrendous.

and yes.. i know harty "can make 3s".

Remlap and Mr. Turbo like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

twin towers baby!!

hakeem94 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd be for it if Hartenstein could make 3s, but as other posters have pointed out here, he can't. The "Hartenstein can shoot the 3" thing we have going on here is a bit of a false narrative. It's true that he technically can shoot them, it's a shot he works on, and he does take them in g-league games, so it's not like he's Capela status. But he's only shooting 29% this year and he shot 27% last year, and those are g-league numbers. That's not good enough to be able to take those shots in the NBA.

So basically this means you'd have two guys who can't shoot 3s on the court at the same time, which I think would be a pretty bad lineup.

Remlap, Mr. Turbo, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. you forgot westbrick. so you know that lineup will never ever happen

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In my overestimation . . .you maybe right .. . but seriously I don't think he should be starting
    I think you start working on his corner threes - It won't be an instant win but it is something that can be built up to
    Also . . . After getting into the lane HArt on one side and capela on the other should give more options

Bmac and House don't deserve to start anymore than Harty
    They all a wash . .. so might as well use the taller wash (Per Dadakota)

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

of recent we have three guys
    House not shooting them well lately
    PJ is refusing to shoot
    and
    Capela

Rocket River

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

they deserve to start only because they play a position of need by default. Ihart is a center. The rockets already have a starting center. it's that simple.

you don't want bmac or house to start? then get a better wing then. it's been stated over and over and over, one that hasn't been replaced since ariza/moute left

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This thread is premature.

Should have first had a poll thread in Feedback, "The Case for Starting a Thread about Starting Hartenstein."

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

its worth a shot at this point since we're not going anywhere with house and bmac getting a lot of minutes. anyhow, we need to develop IHart and he can shoot the wide open 3 as shown in the g league. the only issue I see is transition Defense. For this lineup to work, Westbrook would need to make sure that he is the first man back to stop the break. But that can't work when he's the one driving and missing a layup.

This lineup would only work against teams that don't run that much.

but I want to see it against certain teams.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree only until the trade deadline. I would actually like to see Clint miss a few games with a made up injury to give Ihart the start. If he continues to produce even close to what he's done in previous starts then his value soars enough to get us some help at the Forward spot.

In the mean time, Morey needs to be exploring trade options and since none of our guards can be traded and none of our forwards have value, that really only leaves Capela and Ihart. If they start together, it will drastically dilute their numbers and trade value. I'm all for playing Ihart more, maybe starting 4 after the trade deadline if we still have him.

I'm hoping Ihart can be to us what Nurkic was to Denver. A backup Center who could be starting for someone else, who was eventually traded for a FRP.

15. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

B Mac has not been that bad he actually hitting shots now House is playing like TRASH along with Pj Tucker but start Harty is a no no

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IHart can be a PF
    Shift PJ to his more natural position of SF

Rocket River

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

IHart is not a pf on this team. and tbh the actual labels of positions don't even matter. they actually havent mattered for a long time. the point is Ihart is not playing together with capela.

you really expect to put 3 guys on the floor next to harden that can't shoot. 2 guys on the floor that can't shoot is already bad enough. but 3? stop the nonsense

Easy likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

In some stretches when we're dead cold on offense, and defensively can't get stops. Have to stop the lead from widening, even it's to buy time until Harden/Russ/Ego done resting. If it happens to be height, then so be it.

If wings can't shoot 3's and layups fouls aren't called, spacing means Doo Doo. The key for coaches is to recognize quickly before hole gets too deep. If a combo of iHart, Capela or Tyson, gives the height to stop opponent's drives in stretches, so be it. What's happening in stretches in last few games ain't working. There are holes in the current roster rotations.

#18 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

MDA will never give him a legitimate chance

deb4rockets and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Especially Daniel House and Tucker are deteriorating. This lineup can vs Lakers and Bucks. I am sure this lineup can win. He can get doubles doubles , dont waste it. Also it can secure our rim by shooting 3, MDA should give some time to see the chemistry of this.

Rocket River likes this.