1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bro.. Wilder puts Joshua to sleep.. If Ruiz can make Joshua get on his bicycle, wtf you think Wilder gonna make him do? Can't run. for 12 rds against that man!

King1 and KingCheetah like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Why not? Go back and watch how Fury fought him, he alluded heavy strikes until the late rounds buy moving his feet, using hos jab and keeping his distance. Wilder had to drop Fury twice just to draw. Joshua hits harder than Fury and with the gameplan I just saw, in my opinion he beats Wilder. I think Fury though, would be a disaster fight for Joshua, Wilder is a one trick pony, Fury is a boxer with tremendous skills and a nasty slip n dip game

#1602 Fantasma Negro, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Bandwagoner likes this.
  3. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I also think Joshua can take Wilder. He's just such a terrible boxer. He's gonna have to go back to his inside game tho. Doesn't mean Wilder can't starch him but it could go either way. He's got way more power than Fury.

As far as today I would like to see a 3rd fight where he's actually taken his training serious and the ring isn't so ridiculously large. As the fight went on, it looked like he was getting the timing on him but it was too late. At one point you could see Andy shaking the lactic acid out of his arms.

How do you go in so thoroughly unprepared? Lol he left tons of money on the table by being unprofessional. I like him but he's a dolt.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you are going the "Joshua hits harder than Fury" route, why are you forgetting that Joshua has been knocked down in his last fights and seems to have a week chin?

While Wilder is a terrible boxer, he is way more dangerous to someone like Joshua who doesn't have the best defense and got knocked down as soon as he faced better opponents.

Think you are also overrating him when it comes to yesterday's fight, it's not difficult to shine when Ruiz barely moved or punched, of course Joshua was able to control the fight from distance, but we've seen him struggle vs more technical fighters.

With the current heavyweight division, it doesn't really matter how bad Wilder is fundamentally, one good punch and he'll knock out anyone.

Regarding Fury, he's definitely the best package, but with all the WWE and promotional ish, I'm not sure he's fully taking care of himself.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So WBO ordered a Joshua-Usyk fight next, didn't expect this.

Usyk is probably the fundamentally best heavyweight now that he's stepped up, coached by Lomachenko's dad and part of that golden Ukrainian team (Usyk, Loma, Gvozdyk) from the 2012 Olympics.
    These guys move like dancers and really know how to outmove and outbox their opponents, it will be a really tough fight for Joshua. Usyk definitely has the size disadvantage though.

6. Fantasma Negro

I'm not over rating Joshua's abilities but he's always been a good fighter limited by his slow feet, slow head movement and lack of discipline. Joshua lost the first fight because he kept charging in on Andy who is a phone booth fighter and an excellent counter puncher. Joshua chased a knockout because he took Ruiz lightly in the first fight. Yesterday Joshua showed discipline and repect to his opponent's power, didn't stand in front of Ruiz flat footed like the first fight, used his jab, used the clinch, honestly it reminded me a lot of Mayweather boxing. Joshua didn't just fight different, he fought smarter. If he maintains the adjustments he's made and continues to add to his game I think he beats both Pulev and Usyk. I'm going to let Wilder-Fury play out before I make any predictions with those two

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yung-T and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Should be entertaining af.

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dmitry Bivol is willing to come down to 168 to fight Canelo <a href="https://t.co/qKoATmB3ms">pic.twitter.com/qKoATmB3ms</a></p>&mdash; DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) <a href="">April 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. KingCheetah

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

15. Fantasma Negro

Wow

#1615 Fantasma Negro, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    KingCheetah likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

Wow.

17. KingCheetah

Tyson's best fight IMO.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So does Connor just keep doing dumb ****, going to jail, getting bailed out by iffy loan sharks and then have to fight bs money grabbing events to pay off so called iffy loan sharks?

Yung-T likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It’s so much more money then the UFC that it’s impossible to blame him IMO.

Conner made more money in the Mayweather fight then his entire UFC career, I believe.