1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cebu

cebu Member

I beat that boy.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Broner sucks. He's good at talkin smack though, lolol

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not sure "The Hood" is gonna be too kind to him after that embarrassing fight.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Miller is a big dude.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Will I be able to watch Canelo v Jacobs on xfinity? I know it will be on DAZN, but will it also be on PPV?

6. Fantasma Negro

Don't think so, I'm not able to order it on directv

K mf G likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

8. Fantasma Negro

Wow, Anthony Joshua just got whooped

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

10. what

what Member

lights out babbby!

The heavyweight division just got interesting.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

12. KingCheetah

Is there any doubt now that Joshua was ducking Wilder? Wilder would have knocked his head off his PED laced shoulders.

13. Fantasma Negro

I don't want to use the term ducking, I think he was just avoiding him in order to build a bigger payday for the both of them. Plus matchroom actually offered Wilder 50 mil for two fights with Joshua and Wilder turned it down. The fight can and will still happen, this loss brings much needed juice to the heavyweight division, its not just three guys. And Wilder better be careful looking past Ortiz at the Fury rematch, or Ortiz will put him on the mat

KingCheetah and YaoMing#1 like this.
  14. KingCheetah

Wilder rematching Ortiz is really surprising considering the tough fight and his getting popped for steroids for the 2nd time (2014/ 2017) before their first fight. Ortiz and Yoel Romero must get the same magic Cuban training supplements.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Ortiz should've went in on that lawsuit with Yoel lol

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

That is one of the funniest things I've seen -- dude is taking every PED the doctors of Cuba can give him and then he wins a dubious lawsuit against a supplement company for crazy money he will likely never see a dime of.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m bummed about AJ losing.

It’s good for boxing but bad for boxing business.

Him and wilder could be fighting and both would have made 50-75m a piece for 2 fights.

Big let down.

I think AJ comes back and whoops Ruiz in the rematch and it will make him a better fighter but the mystic of undefeated champ vs undefeated champ is gone.

Although if AJ gets his belts back I still would bet money on him and wilder still making big money in a 2 off fight.

But I must say Tyson fury prob beats both guys with ease.

He should have already gotten one win over wilder that’s was gift that wilder got the draw.

But AJ is the guy that could have made boxing huge again. Casuals like him for his personality his clean cut looks and his Greek god physique. He’s the total package from a marketing standpoint.

He’ll bounce back and be better he’s got the tools and the power just needs to get the klitchko steel hammer jab going and he’ll never lose.

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm a casual, but isn't Wilder the meal ticket? Poor, kid with spina bifida, won a bronze 18 months after picking the sport up, hardest puncher, freak athlete, American...

19. KingCheetah

He could win America's Got Talent or The Voice with that backstory.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like wilder and his story is fantastic but all you have to do is look at both guys in a picture and see who the non boxing demographic would gravitate to imo.

AJ has the looks and the nice guy humble attitude. He’s perfect for any company that wants a spokesperson imo.

It’s why he has Under Armor commercials in America and wilder does not.

It’s sorta like Floyd Maywether and Manny when both were in there primes.

Both really popular selling a lot of PPV and making similar money for a while till later when Floyd’ just took off. But manny had the Nike commercial and was more marketable because ppl liked him he seemed like a humble nice guy.

I think wilder would beat AJ tbh but I just think it’s a bad look for boxing business beside the huge fight between the two would have been huge for not only them but also would have got the whole world buzzing for a boxing fight for one night and that doesn’t happen Often.