1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Space City

goodbye cotto. great career.

EssTooKayTD likes this.
  2. what

what Member

Riggy vs lomo, it's going to be one of the best technical fights we've seen since De la hoya, Mayweather. Must watch.

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be extremely interesting to see how Rigo handles going up two weight classes. But then again, it's said he regularly beats up welterweights in sparring and he's also one of the hardest punchers in the lower weight classes (active boxer with most broken jaws, mostly with his left straight).

Will be the toughest opponent Loma ever fought and a real test, but I'd give Loma a super slight edge because of his weight and speed.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

What the **** happened?

5. cebu

cebu Member

his antics were not working so he quit.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. hooroo

hooroo Member

it was a pride quit by rigo, no heart. barely landed 2 or 3 punches if being generous.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Loma completely embarrassed him. Rigo tried every trick in the book and Loma was still tagging him left and right. Then you throw in the fact that Rigo never even landed more than 3 punches in a single round... I might have quit too.

He was one or two rounds away from completely destroying every bit of Rigo's reputation.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think quitting after these pathetic rounds is even worse than getting knocked the F out.

This is why I don't like it when people crown fights before the first bell even rings, two great fighters going up against each other doesn't mean you'll see a good fight.
    But still, I think barely anyone expected such a pathetic display from Rigondeaux.

Props to Lomachenko though, getting grown men to straight up quit is an impressive feat and shows how much he dominates these fights.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Amazing interview btw, so down to earth and still humble:

Best statement around 6:20, where he says it doesn't matter if you suffer from a broken hand, he once fought through a full fight with a broken hand and won every single round. "If you wanna win, if you wanna fight, you need to die in the ring."

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Stephen Smith ear laceration jiieeesh.
    [​IMG]

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anyone watched Saunders - Lemieux? Saunders with an epic boxing clinic, completely dominated this and looked untouchable.

EssTooKayTD and YaoMing#1 like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. what

what Member

They have all that expensive-looking camera equipment, why the hell is it so grainy-looking.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Canelo popped for Clenbuterol

15. Mr. Space City

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Canelo the cheater withdrew from the rematch.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

De La Hoya isn't fit to run a promotion. It's been well known for years that Mexican livestock is injected with Clenbuterol. How do you not protect your most important fighter? Either don't agree to tests that include Clenbuterol or get him to train in America. Ship in clean meat. Whatever. Arum and Haymon protect their top fighters. De La Hoya just throws his to the wolves as he deals with his own problems.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-players-fail-dope-test-idUSTRE75918A20110610

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-banned-steroid-clenbuterol-in-food/83624918/

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This doesn't make sense. Alvarez previously made catchweights so he wouldn't have to GAIN the full weight in fights where he was moving up a division.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/05/hunter-canelo-will-never-great-long-demands-catchweights/

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/03/golovkin-says-canelo-chavez-jr-catch-weight-bad-boxing/

He's going UP in weight to fight Golovkin. Clenbuterol could actually be a deterrent in making weight.

Clenbuterol in Mexican meat isn't new. Golden Boy / Canelo should've never volunteered for testing that including this (or they should've left Mexico during the training/testing period).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...Under-17-World-Cup-in-Mexico-this-summer.html

"More than 100 players at the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Mexico this summer tested positive for banned drug clenbuterol due to contaminated meat, the world governing body has revealed."

#1439 dc rock, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It wasn't the meat.