1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Neither. Angulo got caught clean and couldn't see.

2. SSP365

SSP365 Member

ward needs to stop acting like a little beyotch and fight at 175 stop trying to drain guys and be more amendable to fighting outside of oakland.

he better stop acting like winky wright because he doesnt have any drawing power and he will end up getting frozen out and missing out on a lot of money acting the way he does.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea if you turn your back, what do you expect the Ref to do? I would actually like to see Canelo vs any of these two guys before a Mayweather fight. Would make more sense as it would build more hype for a Mayweather fight.

But supposedly Forbes is reporting that Showtime lost $12M :eek: from the Gurerro PPV so they needed the Canelo fight to recoup. Don't think Showtime expected that PPV to be a flop. Which is surprising because they promoted the hell out of that fight. Maybe spent too much money promoting it?

It's going to be interesting to see what happens from here on. Showtime might have to rethink their strategy just to break even on this deal. The Canelo fight will undoubtedly be a huge hit but after that? And it's not all on Floyd. Sometimes you're going to need a good dance partner and the current field is scarce. He's not Tyson in which you can just throw a tomato can in there and expect it to sell. Floyd will get paid regardless, but it's Showtime who could be hurting.

It's funny because for years, we had to deal with Floyd fans shoving down our throats about how he how he doesn't need anybody to sell a fight, ect. ect. (No longer highest paid athlete for now, Tied at #14 with guess who, Manny Pacquiao lol). Well based on Showtime and that contract, he needed a Canelo fight. And by the end of that contract, they might need the Pacman fight just for Showtime to break even.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The fights this weekend weren't particularly great, but watching KOs are always entertaining.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Broner vs. Malignaggi on Showtime this Saturday night.

I predict Broner win via TKO. He will have more speed in this fight and Malignaggi has no punching power.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea that's such a BS fight. If Broner doesn't blast through Paulie, he isn't the real deal and just another hype job. Best fight on the card is Banks vs Mitchell II

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL all that talk and he can only manage a split decision against Paulie. Hell I was more impressed with Paulies performance. This was suppose to be an easy cherry picked fight and Paulie gave him hell.

Can't wait to see him get his head knocked off by The Machine.

9. EssTooKayTD

I enjoyed the fight. I did think Broner won, but I also found it "weird" that 2 of 3 judges had it close, while the 3rd had it be a large margin. I absolutely agree that you have take the title from the champ, ie. win convincingly.

The post fight interviews were interesting.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

man black fighters dont get respect no more.. its sad

1 example.. many people claim Matthyse beat Judah because he landed the harder punches, and Judah just threw a bunch of punches that didnt really affect Lucas in the fight

Well same thing happened in the Broner/ Paulie fight, but of course, people of certain races are uniting and crying robbery

This is why i hope and pray Mayweather shuts out Canelp on the scorecards, because if its close and Money gets the decision.. i can already tell everybody will be crying robbery again. Its sad

11. VanityHalfBlack

Ain't got nothing to do with skin color, he was talking about the fight.. I'll wait Angkor Wat will skool you in a bit, I'll just sit back and relax, your dumbass already got banned from the Rockets GARM, lol..

12. Beavis Stiffler

Last night's fight between Broner-Malignaggi was almost similiar to last year's Bradley-Pacquiao fight. Broner (just like Pacquiao) landed the hard punches in the fight while Malignaggi was more busy by throwing more punches, just like what Tim Bradley did to win that fight. The New York judges got it right and are way smarter than the Las Vegas judges from last year.

The heavyweight fight between Mitchell and Banks was disappointing. I thought I was expecting an all-action matchup like from the 1st fight they had. The future of the heavyweight division in boxing is not going to be great.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Who is crying robbery? :confused: Paulie didn't even say that. He said it was close, would have been fine if it went either way but thought the 117-111 score was BS. If any backlash it's with that wide score. In fact, I have not seen anybody call this a robbery. At worst, I've seen people say Paulie won a close fight. So what are you talking about?

I think you're confusing this whole robbery angle with the uproar over the unimpressive performance that Broner put on. That is where I see people giving him a hard time and can you blame them?. It sure as hell didn't look like a 10-1 underdog in there.

And about that post fight interview. Wtf was that? You're surprised Broner is being disrespected after his disrespectful, unsportsman like actions after the fight? Hah. The kid has literally done nothing and already acts like a King in the sport.

I'd have to disagree here because I thought Pacquiao was much more active and busier than Broner. The first few rounds, Paulie won them on activity alone. Not sure if any punches even landed cleanly by Paulie but Broner just did.....nothing. I thought Broner won but it was way closer than expected.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was completely underwhelmed by Broner.

15. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

fixed it

16. jae713

jae713 Member

[​IMG]

17. EssTooKayTD

GGG vs. Macklin Saturday on HBO!

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea love watching Triple G fight. Good matchup for me. Hopefully we get GGG vs Martinez or Ward in the future.

19. IKant

IKant Member

I don't think Martinez wants to fight GGG, and given how he looked in his last fight against Murray, I wouldn't either

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ready to watch Golovkin bust that ass.