1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Axis of Cohen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... by trying to spin trump's personal Cohen's corporate payola as "good news" is SHS and the WH admitting they knew of the payola engagements?

White House: AT&T's Cohen payment shows Trump can't be bought
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...atts-cohen-payment-shows-trump-cant-be-bought

And SHS and WH, what about the trump moves that benefited AT&T (no Net Neutrality), the moves that benefited the pharma co, and the moves that benefited Vekelsberg? Was trump only able to resist AT&T but went along with the other payolas?

Still hard to believe these companies only had trump's personal lawyer and and not others... what was someone so far outside the trump admin be able to tell them?

2. NewRoxFan

Good for Ford...

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This avenatti guy is shady af

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. If I ever found myself in a tight spot and needed a really good attorney, money being no object, this would be my guy. I think he has been outstanding. I'm not basing that on this "tweet," but rather on his performance, overall, handling this case. Shady, @Astrodome? Shady is the "man" that lies every day to the American people and won't devulge his tax returns. Shady is the fellow who has broken nearly every promise that he made during the campaign. Shady is the guy that changes his positions on issues based not on the facts, but on what he sees as a personal slight. Shady is the person in the White House who has assailed the most important institutions this country possesses.

Shady is spelled t.r.u.m.p.

#185 Deckard, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    No Worries likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Agreed

Fortunately, his personal character is irrelevant to his purpose.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I laughed. :D

justtxyank and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. conquistador#11

unfortunately it's the only way to combat 'vulgarity'.
    perfect example, one side throwing lewdness around then gets offended by a comedian,
    only for one of their own to think they're a comedian and pass off their lewdness as a 'joke'.

Can you BELIEVE this failed vulgar comedian, Sadler? so SAD. Her ratings are zero!!!

all you can do is shake your head at the hypocrisy of it all.

B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amazing nuance as always.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Rudy is doing his best to help trump... :rolleyes:

Rudy Giuliani walks back explosive claim that Trump intervened in the Time Warner-AT&T merger
    http://www.businessinsider.com/rudy...m_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&r=UK&IR=T

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And is exactly the pit bull attorney Trump wishes he had right now.

Say what you want about Avenatti but the guy is always on message, easy to understand, always a step ahead in the case, and incredibly aggressive.

His personality profile actually fits pretty well with the Republican Party’s current state of ruthlessness, messaging strategy, and media manipulation. The Democrats should learn from this about saga and realize that soft spoken politeness isn’t gonna win them any elections or even make the news in the Trump era.

Nolen, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Which begs the question why Trump has not hired his own Avenatti. Trump reputation of not paying his bills and of not following legal advice probably has prevented this.

As an aside, isn’t beyond strange that Trump is known for not paying his bills? It is like Trump is not really all that rich after all.

#192 No Worries, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  13. NewRoxFan

14. Nook

Nook Member

He is using this to help his career.

Is he shady? Probably, I don’t like him.... but as shady as Cohen? I highly doubt it.

The only question I have is, who is financing him? This is getting expensive.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you read his twitter feed he tells who is financing him.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

MOAR from his recent post:

"Once again (for at least for the 20th time) - ALL fees and expenses of this case have either been funded by our client, Ms. Stephanie Clifford, or by donations from our crowdjustice.com page. Please re-read that if you are unclear. Read it again if need be. Keep reading it until you get it.

Further, no political party of PAC is funding this effort. No left wing conspiracy group is behind this. And no big fat cat political donors are leading the charge. Get over it.
    "

Obnoxious swag and finger waving in effect. :D

Interesting, from his home page bio: (bold is mine)
    "While in college and later in law school, Michael worked at a political opposition research and media firm run by Rahm Emanuel (who later became White House Chief of Staff and is presently the Mayor of Chicago). During his time there, Michael worked on over 150 campaigns in 42 states, including multiple gubernatorial and congressional campaigns (i.e. Joe Biden’s U.S. Senate Campaign)."

So there you go. That's how a high-profile lawyer takes the p*rn star's case against the POTUS and amplifies it to all hell. He lives in a blue state and worked for blues for several years. Don't see how that discredits whatever he turns up, but I'm sure the name Emanuel will be enough for some people. Because, dontcha know, Chicago politics is dirtier than Manhattan mob politics or Russian politics. LOL.

#196 B-Bob, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

Remind me to not get on Stormy's lawyer's bad side...

20. NewRoxFan