1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Teen Kills 4 People Drunk Driving, Only Gets Probation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-deadly-drunk-driving-probation-sentence-leaves-families-stunned/

this is disgusting

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Yeah except for that fact they'll probably be banking off suing them later.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Disgusting indeed. I just can't imagine. Trial by judge and you have to deal with lax judges like this one.

4. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

My roommate told me and I didn't believe him. WTf

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

As an aside: do all you can to not have your broken down car in the middle of the road, or to get it out of there as quickly as possible. The phrase "an accident waiting to happen" applies bigtime here.

7. The Law

The Law Member

You would be suprised how much this happens, this particular case just got media attention.

DWI Attorneys are very good at what they do, and with a DWI (or in this case, Intoxication Manslaughter) all the I's must be dotted and the T's crossed or an attorney will attack that one particular part of the investigation.

Not trying to make this a D&D debate but the truth is there are left wing counties (Travis, Denton, Tarrett, Galveston) and right-wing counties (Harris, Bexar, Dallas) and depending on where the crime is committed dictates the type of trial and prosecution you will see.

Sometimes this is why I believe Dexter and the guy from Law Abiding Citizen had the right idea...

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Reddit is cool.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's good to be ___________

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

rich.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not really bro. The family is apparently an affluent one and one would imagine are well protected financially. So most likely the victims families would have to battle with insurance protecting the affluent family and their trusts, etc.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The story posted here doesn't give a clear enough picture of the injustice here.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1544508

This kid has been in trouble a lot before. He also had a number of other kids riding with him, one of whom remains in almost a coma state. They also were drunk because they stole beer from a Walmart. And high on Valium. Etc.

I can almost say ok to the kids sentencing... however it HAS to come with a significant (life) sentence for one or both parents as they've literally created this monster child by upbringing.

But still... The kid should spend a LONG time in jail

13. moose

moose Member

System is corrupt.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

look at this dipsh!t

[​IMG]

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

And they're not yet through grooming him.... He'll clearly have a better grasp of the grave consequences of his actions after this slap on the wrist for taking four lives in the name of boyhood fun....

16. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

****ing crazy. No jail time at all? Oh he's on probation. Big deal! Not like the dip**** was gonna get a job.

17. moose

moose Member

I'm a noob to law, but the families of the victims will get a ton of money right?

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

That's a tough question. They probably will get a lot of money but there is a potential for them getting nothing considering the quality of lawyers this family can hire.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I strongly suggest everyone click the link, read the story and look at the photos. Makes me want to puke.

State District Judge Jean Boyd needs to publicly comment on this decision and answer questions or resign and admit her mistake. The silent treatment ain't gonna work.

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Holy ****. Disgusting.