1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Tech @ #17 Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It's also biased against system QBs (like it should). He had, what, 75 passing attempts today? Are you saying the Heisman shouldn't be biased towards BCS teams? That's exactly how it should be. QB's shouldn't be penalized for playing in tougher conferences.

Keenum being the 1st QB drafted? Ahead of guys like Bradford, Tebow, McCoy, Snead, Taylor, Pike, Clausen, or Locker? Even Taylor Potts? Where do you get this stuff?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah, how awful that people talk about their hometown team for the first time in 20 freaking years.

Didn't realize that was so selfish.

Next time we'll just talk to each other instead of taking up space on the chronicle or time on the radio.

Our bad.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we agree.

signed.

[​IMG]

4. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

1st may be a stretch, but he could certainly go ahead of some of those guys.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

He had 75 passing attempts today and you're calling that a "system" thing? Uhh, hello? Did you WATCH the game? UH was behind. They HAD to throw. Sumlin's offense is quite balanced otherwise.

If you want the Heisman to be a biased award, then my god, you're hopeless. We might as well just create a seperate league for UT, OU, Florida, USC, LSU, Alabama and Ohio State to fight over the national championship and Heisman every year so we can skip the formalities of having to... you know, think about it.

As for Keenum QB rating, check that there google. I hear there's rumors on the internets. McCoy, Tebow, and Keenum are mentioned all in the same breath.... but Tebow can't even throw. Pike and Clausen fall directly behind them.

6. ThaShark316_28

"We came all the way through time...to call you a cracker."

7. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

DM, you are fighting a war on three fronts (three threads). Let it go dude. Wait until tomorrow morning.

The BCS buster and UH/Tech thread should be merged.

8. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Nice try but when you (Cougar Matt) talk about UH having the best skill players in the NATION..... you're over the top. All this BCS bs talk was too much to handle. Now we can get back to discussing why the Texans cannot stop the run.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm being flanked by trolls on all sides, send in reinforcements!

Actually, I'm quite cool with it. Sure it sucks to lose, but unlike the front runners who will disappear, I've been a solid cougar fan for almost 10 years now and I'm not going anywhere, rain or shine...

I'm ecstatic about the next 2 years!

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'll let matt handle that:

I agree with him, I'd rather have our offense than anyone else's (skill wise at least... lord only knows how awesome it could be with better linemen)

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

They're not trolls, per se, just typical college football fans (of teams that aren't yours). Granted, I'm a huge OU fan, but I don't get into all the insults and gloating (It's not my ass out ther on the field, after all). You get used to it, especially on Clutchfans, where, unless you're a UT fan, you have a very high chance of flame when talking about your team.

Does UH sports have any decent forums? (I know, I know, but it can't hurt to ask)

12. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

So UH being behind is your justification to UH throwing SEVENTY-FIVE times? I don't think Keenum is worse than all the QBs I named, but all will be competition. QB rating and other stats in college are pretty much thrown out the window. We've already seen that NFL combine, along with raw ability and natural features like height, throwing motion, arm speed, 40 speed are pretty important in deciding who gets drafted.

The Heisman is basically a popularity contest to generate even more interest for big name schools and big fan bases. A Heisman race between Keenum and other QBs of non-BCS schools simply isn't sexy enough. As someone has already said here, UH would have to go undefeated and make a BCS game for Keenum to get serious consideration, along with the other candidates struggling and losing.

13. ThaShark316_28

Fine. I'll take the bait.

This is the same UTEP team that lost to BUFFALO, the worst team in the MAC...dude they are 117th at run D. they allow 33 points a game. they can't stop the run...one of the least reliable run offenses in the big 12 (my horns) ran all over them...if not for 2 fumbles in the red zone vs UTEP...we get 78 on them...this is a BAD BAD BAD team. If not for playing a team worse than them, this is a winless team coming into Saturday. Son, there is no excuse.

The worst offense in college football lit UH up...that team is garbage and the Cougars let em get 500 yards.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That'll teach you never to rush the field. Kind of a bad omen.

15. Fatty FatBastard

Lol. Who here would like to bet UH ends up better than Tech this year? UTEP? Seriously? LOL...

Name your bet...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW8HqoDV_lM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW8HqoDV_lM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(BTW, UH is upper left.)

#1015 Fatty FatBastard, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

son,. :rolleyes: , there was no bait.

just cracking on the original "UTEP sucks" comment. Sorry you didnt pick up on that and then had to do all your research
    :D

17. Fatty FatBastard

Oh, and this is absolutely necessary!

I caught a band member afterwards. His reaction was priceless.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqwMseSaNFY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xqwMseSaNFY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Fatty FatBastard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7yOzw4zAOI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7yOzw4zAOI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I knew Fatty was waiting for this one. Pathetic loss tonight. Should have never happened. Pissed about it but it shows that we have a long way to go. Really good teams will put away teams they are supposed to beat.

If they can't do that they can't turn the corner. They are taking strides each year and getting that much better. But the bottom line is we can't show up to games we are supposed to win like this. It's a shame and I wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the rankings because of it.

20. Fatty FatBastard

And, yes, I know I'm being an ass.

But seriously, the fact that y'all thought you were being discredited and you were better than #12?

Hysterical.

Oh well. Back to normalcy for UH fan.

Time to put your UT shirt back on...(You know you do it, and this is why you hate Texas Tech fan: We don't bandwagon. We are brazen. And if and when are team goes Baylor, we aren't going to be like the rest of you bandwagoners.)

Deep down, that's why you hate us.