1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Texas Democratic lawmakers attack rep for calling ICE on illegal alien protesters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, May 29, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this is not the way to turn Texas Blue

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

OK, I'm not sure "I will get you" is threatening his life- he's being a bit of a snowflake. However, that doesn't excuse the threat- because even if he just meant, "I'll duke it out with you," that is completely unacceptable. People need to chill out on the aggression.

We are coming up on the 40th Anniversary of the Summer of Love. We all need to take a step back, listen to Sgt. Pepper, and smoke a bowl. Peace!

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Fake news. Sounds like another snowflake who needs his gun to protect himself from his own mouth.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As Jalen would say... "hoooolllddd me baccckk!!"

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta admit, that's hilarious.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Lmao love seeing Democrats self destruct

7. dandorotik

Take thine anger out on inanimate objects (.35 second mark):

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Gotta love the incoherent liberal hypocrites. They're cool with threatening violence here, as long as it's their own side making the threats.

9. dandorotik

Seems to me that the hypocrisy is blaming one side for this when clearly both are in the wrong. Perfect example of letting partisan politics cloud one's thinking. Unless, of course, it is acceptable for the Republican to threaten one with "I'll put a bullet in your head" in response to "I'll get you." Seems pretty snowflakey of Rinaldi.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At one point it would have been illegal to inform someone that you are carrying a concealed handgun that you were going to use on them, but I'm guessing that has changed.

Is simple assault grounds for justifiable homicide? I know that most places it wouldn't be, but I'm guessing it's OK in Texas. Not sure, though. I've forgotten most of that stuff.

The people who brought the protest signs were idiots to do so in this climate. Its like teasing a lion. It's just not going to end well.

Democrat deserves a penalty for assault, especially for doing so on the floor of the House. That room needs to be 100% safe from intimidation.

#10 Ottomaton, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In Texas it's reasonable fear for your life or serious bodily injury. So... no, you can't shoot someone for punching you. That guy is just a gun nut, fake tough guy. Shooting someone in "self-defense" is a gun nut's wet dream.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love the spin - GOP threatens to shoot a Dem and that's somehow the "liberals" fault!

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The Texas ledge is such a joke. They need to meet every year like almost every other state and you'll get a different caliber of candidate. Everyone in the ledge spends 2 years waiting to show off how big their dicks are and that's why so little actually gets done. Majority support of two weed bills and you can't even get them on the floor for a vote. The sadder part is how little attention the people give unless the ledge is talking about uber, bahrooms or immigration.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is childish and to be expected of our Legislature. Both reps will now use this confrontation as reelection fodder and the cycle will begin anew.

15. conquistador#11

no choke slam, no harm.

16. Buck Turgidson

Of course, following that is the 40th anniversary of Altamont.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I greatly disagree that telling someone if they attack you that you'll put a bullet in their head is "snowflakey", if anything it's the opposite of that. Nevarez thought that he could intimidate him with threats of violence and he essentially told him to bring it. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

It's tricky, when it comes to assault being used as justification for deadly force, you have to make a case that you believed your life was in danger. If a group of super triggered idiots is coming after you with the intent to cause serious bodily injury to you, that case is very easy to make. If someone just punches you....not so much.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Of all the people to blame, the protesters should get none of it. They were using their first amendment rights to express their views on how their government intended to govern them. If our reps don't like it, maybe they shouldn't be public servants. Rinaldi was highly insulting with his comment. I'm not surprised he made some of the Dems angry, though they were wrong to lose their cool. The most embarrassing part, imo, is the recriminations afterward about 'oh, he threatened my life!' It would literally be more becoming if they had gone outside and had a fistfight like high school kids.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

'super triggered idiots'? These were colleagues in a massive cluster**** of other colleagues dude. No one in this altercation had the slightest fear of death here. You are an idiot to think otherwise.

This is equivalent to less athletic NBA players brawling on the court with dozens of refs, coaches and security pushing people away. NO ONE was in fear for their life. You actually seriously believe the **** you spew on this board?

20. dandorotik

Umm, someone tells me, "I'm gonna get you..."- I either immediately call the police or tell em, "OK, bring it on." Sounds over-dramatic to me to respond with "I'll put a bullet in your head." I mean, come on Bobby, I'm gonna get you could also very easily be interpreted as "I'm gonna get you in a court of law...." considering the situation. As much as some conservatives criticize the left for being all up in arms (pun intended) about what Trump says, seems to me a handful of conservatives can't take verbal offenses, either.

Being in fear of one's life because a colleague made a comment to you? Yeah, snowflakey.