1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is th problem.
    The bad guys do a dirty deeds
    Then
    They jump behind "well two wrongs don't make it right"
    When it is time to expose them.

Rocket River

#561 Rocket River, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

To be fair, I think they're searching his apartment because that's where the murder happened...not simply bc they're trying to get dirt on him. Probably searching phone records to see if there is any association between the 2 beyond being neighbors. #conspiracythou

I don't think there is much doubt that she wrongly shot the dude. Whether they call it murder or manslaughter is up to the courts. I'd be surprised if she gets off for any reason. We'll see.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah there’s just no way she gets off. Imagine the precedent that would set. There has to be prison time if someone breaks into the wrong apartment and shoots an innocent man. I’ll post a link in a minute where a guy was found guilty on negligent homicide in Texas. Somewhat similar facts

4. amaru

amaru Member

Must be nice not to be so jaded about law enforcement.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah I guess it's alright...I'm sorry that you are. It must suck to hate cops. Just curious, are you going to still call them if there's a dangerous situation, or if you're in trouble...or just go ahead and handle it yourself?

DFWRocket and Granville like this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Jaded, in the way I’m using it, means tired, burned out, cynical. None of those words are synonymous with the word hate so not sure where you got that from. I’m going to guess that’s a generalization or projection on your part. Not really sure though.

Would I call them? If necessary yes, afterall responding to emergency situations is literally part of their job description. When we do call them we make sure we are on our P’s and Q’s because we will certainly not get the benefit of the doubt in any situation.

koochingchang and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

The DA getting both parties phone records doesn’t mean they are trying to blame the victim necessarily. It means they are trying to find out what relationship these two had.... simply stated her story doesn’t make sense, especially with the keyless entry. They likely had a relationship and if the DA finds evidence of that relationship, then they have a motive for why she would kill him and expose her story as a lie.

I know there is a lot is cynical thoughts towards to police department and the DA. However if they really wanted to help the shooter, they wouldn’t investigate.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Heh.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Don’t agree with the relationship part based on what we know. But I agree 100% on the need to confirm it.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The solution I'd prefer is to find and punish the leaker and let it end there. I know that won't be happening. But, I don't want to rationalize some tit-for-tat. I'll leave that to politicians.

Nook likes this.
  12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Where did you get in his correctly associating specific tasks with non-corrupt investigative protocol or his plausibly handicapping a jury verdict based on several previous trials that his non-jadedness about law enforcement was the result of an escapist mindset ("must be nice")?

Nook likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

You have an IQ over 150.... why don’t you post more often?

14. CometsWin

n/m Misread.

15. CometsWin

Hear, hear.

16. amaru

amaru Member

I don’t believe that I actually reached that conclusion. Honestly I’m jealous of people that can automatically assume law enforcement is working in their best interest. There has been little to no evidence of that ever happening for my family when we have been wronged.

CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Much the same here.
    Even when called on our behalf we are met with derision and attitude

Rocket River

18. amaru

amaru Member

A certain level of mistrust in law enforcement has been taught to me and 2-3 years ago was my last somewhat negative experience with law enforcement (I tend to avoid them). 3 years ago around Christmas time I was home on leave ( I'm in the military as is the rest of my immediate family) and my brother's 96 Isuzu died in the middle of the street in our neighborhood. As it was the holiday season, not a lot was open so he called home and we drove out to get him. Turns out the SUV was completely dead (we tried jumping it, push starting, the whole 9) and we couldn't just leave it in the middle of the street. We ended up pushing it into the drive way of a house that was for sale. The whole ordeal took about 90 minutes or so and before we left my father made sure to leave a note in the windshield explaining what had happened, where he lived and his phone number. When I asked why he said " Three black men running around in the street and walking up a drive way...I guarantee you somebody has already called the police."

A little background information, this is an upper scale neighborhood where my parents have lived for over a decade. My father is very prominent on the homeowner's committee. Turns out he was right (absolutely no surprise there), but what was surprising was the attitude of the officer who arrived at our house. His town was very accusatory and sarcastic....as he suggested that we were somehow "casing" the house. My father, not being one to take disrespect lightly, told him that he's a retired military officer with enough money to buy 10 of those houses if he wanted them and reminded him that he only was at the address because he had left the note. Eventually the officer left and nothing ever came of the interaction. We never bothered to file a report about the officer's unprofessional behavior because nothing would have came of it.

My family has had similar interactions with law enforcement that went in much the same manner, but I wasn't there. There has always been a mistrust of law enforcement in my family and it is re-enforced by negative interactions like this. I wish I could trust that law enforcement would act in my best interests but honestly that would be a foolish assumption on my part given my family history. I'm jealous of people in this country who can call and interact with law enforcement officers and not expect something negative to happen to them because of it. It must be a wonderful feeling.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know far too many people with similar stories
    Sorry hear it though

Rocket River

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member