1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Granville

Granville Member

My people include you, sir. I guess that's another point we differ on. Have a great day.

jcf likes this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

I busted your logic, move along sir. I know that has to sting. Regardless of how you spin this , you made a hypocritical statement.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll keep this going and follow you like Zimmerman bro.

4. Granville

Granville Member

5. REEKO_HTOWN

We use gifs in 2018. I know being 50 sucks and all but that's just how things work now.

Rocket River and Harrisment like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

You also cry wolf on the reg in 2018. I will stick to my 50ish ways.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

I bet since your idea of logic is that it's ok for cops to leak that a murdered guy smokes weed. Must miss those days in ole Muskogee.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should hold public trained servants to a higher standard than civilians.

9. biina

biina Member

Problem is Zimmerman's account of the latter part of the conflict did not fit in with prior events.

He told the dispatcher that Martyn ran away, but later claimed that as he was walking back to his car Martyn approached him. How does someone running away suddenly becomes the aggressor.

The more logical sequence was that Zimmerman, who seemed intent on following Martyn, continued to search for him and confronted Martyn which then escalated into a fight, and when he was losing the fight, he shot the kid.

He got off cos the only thing to go by was his account, and he made sure to stay off the witness stand so that he doesnt slip up. Of course the jury composition also helped him get off.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really want to get into a re-litigation of the Trayvon thing. But I can easily imagine a case where a white person in Florida is being followed by an armed black person and chooses to "stand his ground" because he has "no duty to retreat" and punches the hell out of said armed black person and then claims self-defense (assuming he's not dead by that point) based on his very reasonable fear of imminent danger. Having the right to assault a person following you is definitely on the table.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. Granville

Granville Member

Because he was on the phone with his female using a racial slur to describe the guy following him and decided to try to impress the girl by confronting Zimmerman.

He wasn’t following him st that point. He was walking back to his car and Martin came back looking for a confrontation.

#391 Granville, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. Granville

Granville Member

Switch races and in the exact same circumstances the black man gets off too. In your scenario it would come down to who had evidence to support their story.

Let's switch back to the case at hand.

13. Granville

Granville Member

You should hold yourself to logic based posting standards.

14. JuanValdez

So, is it your belief that in that altercation between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, if it was Zimmerman that had died and Martin claimed self-defense, that Martin would have been acquitted of murder? Obviously, no way for us to know, but that's how you think it'd shake out?

15. Granville

Granville Member

Martin would have had to proven that Zimmerman either attacked him first or that he had reasonable fear for his life No visible marks on Martin, Zimmerman's head bashed in and witnesses seeing Martin on top of Zimmerman I could see a man slaughter charge for Martin. With audible evidence that Martin engaged Zimmerman it's an uphill climb. My guess is the between the President on the stump for Martin and the Miami Heat distorting reality playing the race card wearing hoodies that had not a damn thing to do with the case, that Martin walks,

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Impress her???? All I remember is that NECK. :eek:

[​IMG]

17. JuanValdez

Well, who knows if you're right. But, I'll point out this was not the standard Zimmerman was asked to meet. Self-defense doesn't need to be proved. It is a burden on the state to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was not self-defense. With that standard, I'm inclined to think if bizarro-Trayvon did walk, it'd be because of Florida's macho self-defense laws and not any viral public interest. But, I don't think he'd walk. Who knows.

Granville and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was fun discussing the issue with you until you stopped discussing the issue and started ad-hominem attacks. If you'd like to attempt to point out why it is illogical to hold professionally trained service professionals to higher standards than average-Joe civilians, we can discuss that. Otherwise, your ad-hominem attacks might point to a weakness in your argument.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

good times

[​IMG]

20. Granville

Granville Member

Never said they shouldn't be held to higher standards. They can't be held to impossible standards. LOL at weakness in an argument when you got stopped cold in your tracks with a dead witness is the best witness strategy....