1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M's athletic department leads the nation in revenue

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
    [​IMG]

A&M moved ahead of Texas in Athletics revenue according to the USA Today. Maybe that means they're the t-shirt fans now ;)

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/04/18/texas-am-aggies-ncaa-leader-revenue-1926-million

The big takeaway is how good a decision it was for the team to move to the SEC. They're still trying to find success on the field but the program seems to be healthier than it has ever been. I seem to remember the program was in debt about 8-10 years ago but maybe I'm not remembering that right. The USA Today article about the revenue was a very critical look at spending in college football but mostly on programs on Texas that have such high expenses.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ketball-power-five-revenue-expenses/83035862/

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Johnny Football + SEC network = $$$

3. Brando2101

Stadium too.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah they finally got that boulder out of the way.

Sherman's buyout ended in 2014 I think?

I think Fran's was still going on at the same time as that one.

Lulz.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It looks like they left Baylor off the list :p

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

That won't last. Texas will be back on top next year and A&M will fall out the top 5 or 10.

7. Brando2101

Maybe. Not sure why though. A&M's TV deals will continue to go strong and their stadium is not going anywhere. I guess Texas selling out games if the team is good could make a difference.

8. Brando2101

It's because it's a private school in case anyone else is wondering.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member