1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. raining threes

People may want to sell them on social media but that doesn't mean they wont renew if they cant be sold.

Win or lose there are alot of people that have season tickets/PSL's for the tailgating and think a football is a soccer ball. It's not about the team/game, it's about the party.

Nook likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I get the dynamics just fine. You’re welcome to believe things haven’t been affected or continue to be. That comes with being on that side

3. raining threes

Or like when the team finished 4-12 while not having 1st or 2nd rd picks that got RS fired. Yes, I know he left because of his wife but he's not getting another GM job.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Relatively speaking yes, I think the NFL exploits its players. Their money often times isn’t guaranteed, they play shorter lengths. We all know the chronic physical issues they have later in life, but now we know about CTE and depression.

I always wanted to be a pro athlete, and that included the NFL... however over the years I have met a lot of players and even befriended some and in large part it isn’t a positive thing. Most of them either have pain pill addictions, suffer chronic pain, have headaches, mood disorders or cognitive issues.

I recently spoke with Jim McMahon’s wife. Terrible... spoke to Tommy Harris and he is young with cognitive issues.

The NFL is not a very player friendly league. The cost to players is in many cases really high... I would pass. 10 years ago I would be agreeing with you but not now.

5. raining threes

What side?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

The side i referred to in the post

7. raining threes

Nobody forces guys to play.

I agree with you about wanting to play. At my age now I'm glad I wasn't good enough to play college ball much less pro ball. But if I was 23 yrs old I'm sure I would've looked at this totally differently if I had the chance to play pro ball. Age usually leads to wisdom.

Nook likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

That is part of the problem with the Texans organization. There are not clearly defined roles and as result it is harder to hold anyone accountable.

While I believe BOB is not good for the Texans, ultimately the blame rests with ownership that provides poor ownership or suitable expectations.

Two Sandwiches and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  9. raining threes

I reread the post and still dont understand.

Side?

10. Nook

Nook Member

I agree no one forces them to play, but I believe they ultimately are exploited... I compare the NFL to professional wrestling and boxing... there is certain some exploitation.

raining threes likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Remove the side part then if it confuses you that much.

12. raining threes

This is the only reason I'm glad the structure in the org has changed. If they fail in their vision the blame will be in the light for all to see and the long awaited, (By me) housecleaning will commence. This isn't going to happen until 2022 unless 2-14 happens again. BTW, I've said the Texans would never win squat since 2010 due to ownership. Nothing has changed my mind throughout the yrs and this offseason just re- enforces my opinion that ownership doesn't give two sh!ts about winning.

How are things in Chicago?

Nook likes this.
  13. raining threes

?

Carry on without me, you're over my head.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sounds good

15. Nook

Nook Member

I am seeing if I will be voted off the island on a business I helped found. Other two founders of my firm are livid I am paying everyone full pay for a month now when they cannot work with this pandemic. Other two founders have decided to follow suit but are outraged that we are now paying nearly 50 lawyers and 50 support staff indefinitely. Under the rules they can get rid of me.

As for the Bears, their ownership is a lot like the Texans. They don’t have anyone in ownership that loves football or knows much about the game. Their hiring of a GM and Coach is like throwing a dart blindfolded.

How are you?

16. raining threes

Sorry to hear about your plight. These are uncharted waters we are entering. But know you're doing the right thing. It may not seem like it but this to will pass and because people are going to be getting money and not spending it because they're homebound so there's going to be alot of new money flowing around when this crap breaks.

Business is going fine and we are essential personnel. The construction industry which is the heart of who we do business with is fine.

My wife and I are riding this out in Crystal Beach. PM me and I will explain more about wht's going on and give my thoughts on how to make it out of these tough times.

Nook likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is how a lot of people feel.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...eandre-hopkins-still-havent-passed-physicals/

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good luck with that. Glad you stuck to your moral guns. I hope it turns out well for you.

Nook and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member