1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Actually it was over after he ripped his groin muscle off the bone. If Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree and Derrick Johnson (who tore it twice) can come back after and have careers like they do, hopefully that bodes well for Foreman. Especially given that those guys play a ton more snaps with just as much running and contact (LB), if not more, than most RBs do nowadays.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

lock this thread, @leroy is healthy now so doesn't matter

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, I hope you are right, but IMO the reason why RB's could struggle to come back more so than WR's or LB's is that elusiveness is more important to RB's than any other NFL player and I think that is something players lose when they pop their Achilles.

As always, time will tell.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are ****ing bigot. Oh......Foreman has never tested positive for weed. Do you know his history? Get the **** out of here.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. conquistador#11

he's 28 and went from 600 yards a season, 5.5 average to nothing. I'd rather phone wali lundy on the hotline ding'd

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you simpleton, nothing bigoted was said. In the off-season he was arrested (wrongly IMO) due to weed being in his vehicle, meaning that even if he doesn't smoke himself, his friends do....and then he showed up to camp out of shape according to BOB....so there's plenty of reason to think that he might not put in the ridiculous amount of effort it would take to even attempt a comeback from what is all too often a career ending injury for NFL RB's.

I personally don't think the weed comment was accurate, but nothing he said was out of line whatsoever so do your best to stop being "that guy" all the damn time.

8. texian

texian Member

This is not an unreasonable take. RBs will be challenged to return with similar effectiveness, if at all.

Especially ones with a fracture in their foot that has yet to be addressed. And a history of not putting in the recovery work.

9. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOU'RE TELLING SOMEONE ELSE TO NOT BE THAT GUY ALL THE TIME???? LOOOOOL! Well damn.....isn't that calling the kettle black!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....I'm never "that guy", perhaps you didn't follow what I was saying.

11. gucci888

What's to address? He sat out of the combine, let it heal, and was still able to run a really good 40 which means he didn't just sit on his butt so please explain his history of not putting in the recovery work.

But if that's what you're worried about on top of the Achilles, wouldn't this extended time off help with that?

12. Buck Turgidson

UH kid hates UT. That's all about the Bobby, he has made it very clear.

13. texian

texian Member

His compensating for the stress fracture in his foot -- a 5th or 2nd metatarsal fracture -- is likely what caused his hamstring injury in OTAs.

And there's a big difference between running a 40 and loading up a Jones fracture playing football. See Kevin Johnson for the possible cascading issues related to a Jones fracture.

Conditioning is a separate issue, one mentioned by his coach in preseason and during the season. It not only involves putting in the work but also putting in the time for recovery work to allow your body to recover sooner from workouts or trauma so you can get stronger faster or play closer to peak from game to game.

And whoever is saying D'Onta is a pothead, that is not the case.

People were trying to paint Clowney with drugs/alcohol when he came through the draft and he didn't even drink. It's bs.

14. gucci888

That is absolutely 100% pure conjecture on your part.

Are you saying that players that have had a stress fracture are destined for a Jones fracture?

Once again, how has he had a history of not putting in recovery work?

#394 gucci888, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care enough about UT to hate or love them. Me saying that a RB with a torn Achilles is likely done has nothing at all to do with where he went to school, I said the same thing about Arian Foster when he suffered the same injury.

16. Buck Turgidson

What was it..."never draft knuckleheads from Austin..." or something? Just own up to it.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's also true if you look at the track record of mentally weak players coming from UT. That fact doesn't make me "hate UT", as I said, I don't care enough about the school to either love them or hate them and it certainly has nothing to do with the fact that RB's that suffer Achilles injuries are usually done.

18. texian

texian Member

Nope, conjecture on the part of a surgeon.

Stress fractures in the foot are typically of a metatarsal. A Jones fracture involves the 5th metatarsal.

Once again, listen to his coach.

19. gucci888

Conjecture none the less.

My question still remains.

His coach was saying he wasn't in the best of shape and you are saying has a history of not giving his body time to rest. Two completely different things. Which is it?

BTW, I agree with you that Foreman has a huge challenge in front of him. My immediate concern after watching the play live was his Achilles. And I can't stop you from being concerned about a stress fracture he had.

But to say he has a history of not putting recovery work is the same as those saying he's a pothead or Clowney was into alcohol/drugs, baseless.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member