1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS Organized Team Activities thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, May 23, 2017.

1. Fantasma Negro

#1 Fantasma Negro, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    HTown_TMac likes this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. Fantasma Negro

#3 Fantasma Negro, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Fulgore likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh boy. Texans looked like world beaters out there today! I'm telling you guys, best team in the NFL. Obie is amazing! Did you see what he did at Penn State?

-John Harris

Can't tell anything watching these guys in OTAs. Nobody is in shape yet. Deshaun Watson will not start for the Texans. Donuts were great.

-Pancakes McClain

lol they look awful. I'm just saying, Rick Smith needs to be fired! Remember when Bill Walton said something true about Hakeem? I think that was funny!

-Adam Clanton

It's a joke. A joke. In my day we were banging strippers hehe and playing our butts off for Al Davis. These guys? They soft!

-Sean Jones

Offensive line has some sleepers! Obscure player A has really good technique with hands, will be interested to see how Coach Devlin can coach that guy up. His pull technique is miles ahead of where it should have been. My friend "name drop" thinks he'll be great!

-Lance Z

Nobody will listen to me, but Tom Savage looks like he's going to do great things in this offense. People are underrating him. He's had four years in the system. I like his arm strength. Will Fuller makes angels cry.

-Jayson Braddock

I'm nervous!

-Mike Meltser

Loud Noises!!!

-Seth Payne

Over/under analysis

-Sean Pendergast

I just want to have sex with the Mrs.

-Matt Thomas

Did someone say Bruce Springsteen? LOL don't be fat do the Q!

-Rich Lord

Houston Texans Media Coverage Summary for 2017

5. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

excited, but cautious still. everyone talked up brock during OTAs last year. hoping deshaun lives up to the hype!

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

@justtxyank with the mic drop on this entire thread. From now until September, you're literally going to hear the same things over and over again from all the usual suspects.

7. Fantasma Negro

That's pretty accurate, this time of year these guys find a way to be even more worthless with their optimistic misdirection. After the Brockening I will never trust a word from these ******* and sycophants during training camp and OTAs

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For me, i stopped putting much stock in the BS people say during OTA's and camp after the 2nd or 3rd season of people talking up how great David Carr looks and how much he's progressed.

I think you can take a little bit away from preseason games, but that's about it.

10. justtxyank

There ARE things you can see even in OTAs but they are mostly physical things. "Playing well" is worthless.

Generally I think the only things you really get out of these are negatives. Someone looking terrible, being crazy out of shape, etc. tend to hold up.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that, I guess what I was saying is that I ignore the fluff. If someone is looking so bad as to be noteworthy during camp....yeah that doesn't bode well because most of what you'll hear is very positive.

The major thing I look to hear about camp and OTA's is about injuries.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where are the tweets about Duane Brown?

13. Fantasma Negro

True, last year everyone kept saying Still looked like **** in camp and low and behold he played like **** in the reg season

14. Fantasma Negro

Astrodome likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You have to give David Carr a break. David Carr never had a chance with that garbage Texans team he had. Was breaking the record for being sacked his fault?

16. justtxyank

Right, agreed. "So and so looks great, running crisp routes" means absolutely nothing to me lol.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure I cut him a bit of slack, the Texans organization was a dumpster fire that absolutely set him up for failure. That doesn't make the BS camp reports about him looking amazing before EVERY season he was here more tolerable.

It was funny though, Jags fans were doing the same with Blane Gabbert years later.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The Reddit post above now has updated with harris's observations from day 1

20. Fantasma Negro