1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans get Demaryius Thomas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. conquistador#11

can welker suit up for 7 games. Call him DeWes Welker, NFLPA won't notice.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That 2013 Denver team had Peyton throwing to DT, Welker, Julius Thomas, and Decker. Wow

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Could you imagine prime Peyton with those weapons?

RasaqBoi and Fulgore like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That might have been the best Peyton. That’s the year he threw 50+ tds. Broke the record at NRG stadium. That year was awful losing 14 straight games.

6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

[​IMG]

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That's.... very interesting. Welker was never the most physically gifted; he thrived by outworking, out-studying, and out-executing his competition. So it says a lot that Welker vouched for DT; likely saw the same work ethic, dedication, etc.

raining threes and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

So would you say he was a "gym rat?"

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Roids.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

He might get a concussion just putting the helmet on.

Dude has suffered enough

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vance Joseph: Demaryius Thomas no longer a Bronco; can't worry about that

NGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos coach Vance Joseph responded to wide receiver Demaryius Thomas' critical remarks this week about the team's handling of his trade to the Houston Texans, saying that Thomas is "no longer a Bronco" and that both sides need to move on.

Thomas, who was traded to Houston just before the league's deadline last week, appeared Monday on the Broncos' radio partner, 760 AM. In addition to discussing the trade, Thomas expressed his frustration about the potential of losing playing time to Denver's younger receivers as well as not being named team captain.

Asked after Wednesday's practice about Thomas' comments, Joseph said he, Broncos general manager John Elway and wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni have "great respect" for Thomas. Joseph added, however, "I'm disappointed to read those things about how he recalls the conversations going."

"He's got to move on. We've got to move on," Joseph said. "He's no longer a Bronco, and I can't spend any time worrying about that. But as far as reading that stuff, I'm disappointed it was presented that way, I really am."

In the roughly 20-minute radio interview with former Broncos players Rod Smith and Ray Crockett, Thomas said it was "heartbreaking" that he was not a captain this season. He also said that he was misled by the team about the possibility he would be traded and that he was the only wide receiver who was told his playing time would be reduced in favor of rookies Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton.

Thomas, who had been the longest-tenured Broncos player, was traded on Oct. 30, just hours before the league's deadline. His first game with the Texans was this past Sunday in Denver, and the Broncos honored Thomas with a short video presentation on the stadium's scoreboards just before kickoff.

Denver quarterback Case Keenum and center Matt Paradis were voted the team captains on offense just before the start of the regular season. Thomas, who caught three passes for 61 yards against the Broncos on Sunday, had been elected a captain in three of his eight-plus seasons in Denver.

Joseph said Wednesday that Broncos players vote for the captains.

"They vote for the guys they see fit, who they want to lead their football team," he said. "So, I'm not sure where that came from or who discussed that with D.T. But again, I have great respect for him. The players vote for the captains. They voted for who they thought were the best guys to lead their football team. And that's it.''

Thomas also said in the radio interview that Joseph had told him not to believe the trade rumors and that he would not be dealt.

On his interactions with Thomas before the trade, Joseph said: "I think it's a little frustration on his part, but I'm disappointed in how it came out, because I don't recall it being discussed that way. And that's OK."

On the prospect of losing playing time to Sutton and Hamilton, Thomas had said in the interview: "I don't understand that, because I've never cried about getting the ball. I didn't get pissed about nothing. ... I'm empty. I'm empty still."

Joseph expressed his appreciation for Thomas.

"We have great respect for D.T.," Joseph said. "He was a great player here, and we honored him on Sunday. We didn't win the game; he won the game."​

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"Field rat", they're much more clean. Gym rats just eat stale popcorn and lick sticky soda spills.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sucks.

Wasn't coming back at that $14M (NG) salary anyways but...

Thomas is playing under a five-year, $70 million contract with a $4.5 million base salary for the remainder of this season. He’s due a non-guaranteed $14 million base salary next year. Whether Thomas will play for the Texans next season and under that contract arrangement remains to be determined. The Texans can release Thomas without owing him any more money or having their salary cap impacted.
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Will Fuller V - baby hands can't stay healthy
    DeMaryius Thomas - torn achilles
    Keke Coutee - tender hams
    DeAndre Carter
    Vyncint Smith

Will they call Sammie Coates back? ;)

#373 J.R., Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What's up with all the Achilles injuries this year?

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He was always just a rental for a 4th round pick. Now he's a really short rental.

raining threes likes this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

17. conquistador#11

Felt bad for him. Vandercarrrosenschaubosweiller & co interviewed him this week on how he loved it here and playing with deshaun having played with manning.."the command he has in the huddle. "

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He just hasn't been the same guy since the death of Patroclos.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His career is over.

DD

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sadly yes. Seemed like he knew it when he was getting carted off.