1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans extending Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Great Job of building? Can't go there man. There's not one position group that's elite. Cooks is the only speedster you added that wasn't here last year. Let's pray he doesn't bump his head. Cobb is overpaid, washed up & drops balls.You're right Billy Bob should've been fired the second the clock hit zero in Kansas City. He embarrassed himself in a big game yet again & got more power. Cal is an idiot. We're getting 7-9 to 9-7 this year. It's time for a new vision. Send Billy Bob back to Penn St.

#121 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't agree to this logic. For one 2020 Laremy tunsil should be the best LT in the draft, he's a player with 4 years of experience.
    Using your weird ass logic, Hopkins should have been worth more than a 2nd round pick, since he is the best WR if he was in the draft, he would have been drafted 12th by the Raiders and people would have paid a lot more than 2nd round pick to get the 12th pick, am i doing this right?

Y are we using julio jones trade as guide? Falcons traded for a WR that has been one of the best receivers since he entered the league. Tunsil is a LT that just made pro bowl his fourth year.

I have yet to seen the price for any competent LT to be 2 1st round, 1 2nd round picks.
    Like i agree us trading for him, i just dont think there's any justification for paying this much, since i haven't seen a LT haul that much draft assets.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'm of the belief that the Heck signing wasn't about a swing tackle pick but grooming a right tackle of the future so that when this 3-yr deal is up - Tunsil will be a goner.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...no. Heck is depth. They have Rod Johnson, but he can also play guard.

5. studogg

I get that he is tall, but his pedigree and size are undeniable. If you believe he can consistently play with a low enough pad level, no reason to believe he couldn't be starting caliber in 4 seasons. The Patriot system is set to not overpay, but Bill has been forced to do so at key positions because of need. He had a high enough grade on him to trade up for him and I suspect that's because he thinks he can develop the talent.

Could be totally wrong. Half of me thinks Bill is the worst coach and GM in the league.

The other half thinks he knows what he's doing and is willing to go down for his philosophy, which I respect.

I'm probably giving him way too much credit in my hypothesis

raining threes likes this.
  6. raining threes

They now have elite speed in their WR corps. This should really open the offense up if DW4 can get them the ball. There will be WR's open.

People have been predicting 7-9, 9-7 for yrs and them finishing last in the division and guess what has almost continuely has happened? Division championships.

Look you can wish for BOB to fail all you want, but it's not going to happen if the Texans stay healthy, so I'm guessing you're going to have a few more miserable years.

Do you like what they've added to their front 7? I do.

#126 raining threes, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  7. raining threes

We are never going to agree, I'm just glad they fixed the OT positions for yrs to come. BTW, a franchise LT is worth way more than a WR regardless of how good that WR may be. Hopkins was worth what he was worth and nothing more.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Of course glad they fixed the OT position, just saying your logic is weird. U tell us to use julio jones as a guide, hes a wr. Then u follow up with franchise LT is worth way more than a WR regardless of how good that WR may be, u see the issue im having?

9. raining threes

It's not the WR position. It's about draft slots. What would it take to move up from 27 to 4th. Maybe you dont think think as a rookie Tunsil is better than any of the OT's in this draft. That's where we differ.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Division Championships in a weak AFC South? MKay. They've embarrassed themselves repeatedly in the playoffs & other big games.
    They've added one WR with speed. And he keeps bumping his head. You're living in a fantasy world about all these new weapons. Name them. The front 7 needs a pass rusher.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member

Laremy spoke in class today

studogg likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Weak AFC South? Division that has had 2 teams in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years? 2 AFC Conference championship game appearances by 2 different teams, in those 4 years?

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A franchise LT protects the QB on EVERY PLAY. A great WR may be targeted 10-12 times a game.

14. studogg

I will never unread/hear this

nargh

15. raining threes

That weak division that had a team in the AFCCG and took down the vaunted Ravens.

They got one in Blacklock. He's going to be really good if healthy. I've also got really good vibes about Greenard.

sammy likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member

gnashed his teeth and bit the noseguards breast

17. raining threes

Pesky facts are killing the narrative around here.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When your division champ can be 9-7 and win then your division is weak . BTW, Any Conference Championship Game appearances by Billy Bob? Nope he's been here 6 years and no cigar.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Pesky facts are Billy Bob's 2-4 playoff record.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The AFC South has had 2 - 9-7 division winners in its 18 year history: 2015 and 2016 Texans. Otherwise, The division winners had a minimum of 10 wins. The last 3 winners had 10, 11, and 10 wins.

Doesn’t matter if the Texans made the AFCCG or not, the division hasn’t been weak.

By comparison, the NFC East has 3 9-7 division winners in the last 10 seasons.

TheFreak and sammy like this.