1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans cut Jaelen Strong

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Sep 18, 2017.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sign Greg Ward! He was cut by Eagles. Just what we need.

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

White Skin Privilege in 'Necktown

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Malaya

Malaya Member

I think they are going with speed. Hopkins and Fuller on the outside. Braxton, Tyler, and Bruce. TEs. Targetting the personnel that may better fit Deshaun. No room for Strong.

Offense is a work in progress.

And we also need to sign more CBs because of injuries.

4. texian

texian Member

Strong ran a 4.44 when he was 20 pounds heavier. Speed isn't his issue.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Quickness and route running is his problem. Cannot get separation from DBs.

6. Malaya

Malaya Member

If we had roster space, Jaelen would be the back-up to DeAndre as both are big possession receivers who can fight off pressure. He and Savage have connected also several times. Alas, we went a different direction.

Oh well, we'll see how the current receiving corps perform.

7. K-Lo_The_Future

Because hes trailer trash

Fulgore likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because you can't cut injured players. I don't think he's finished the concussion protocol yet, so he'll get paid till he does.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

suspended without pay though....

Due to his standing in the community and on the Texan's all-time leader boards, they're probably going to just cut ties next offseason and try to not embarrass him any further. The way the injuries play into this damn team every year, they're likely going to need him. Un-juiced Cushing is still better than some scrubadubs.

I also don't think it carries the same damnation it does in baseball. I think in a sport full of meatheads Cushing is just the only one that got caught so far.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh that's right, so he's not still getting paid, but they can't cut him till he's healthy even if he's not getting paid. I think given how much they need the roster space this season, they'll cut him as soon as they can but you could be right about them keeping him till the end of the season.

Also, I agree with the steroids thing, no one really cares in football because for decades it was just a given that they were doing them. In baseball there was an even longer history of PED's, but people didn't assume their favorite players from the past used the way they do with football and that's why it's so much of a stigma in baseball.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It will definitely be interesting to see what they do. Even mid-season cut I think they would end up saving like 1.5 mil if I remember right, so that could be enough + his roster spot to move on and help some other area of the team. McKinney's leadership and Cunningham's athleticism have pushed Cushing to the bubble for sure. His contract hasn't helped the team in years and this suspension is just the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I think it's a given they move on...just when?

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Unjuiced Cushing is a towel boy.

13. texian

texian Member

Pulled his hammy very first practice.

14. Fantasma Negro

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

They look okay

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dont you have to be a well known athlete, or at least good, thats not in danger of being cut every training camp, to have and promote an affordable shoe? Ala Hakeem or Marbury.

17. tobster

tobster Member

I think anyone can start a business to sell shoes. I think it's pretty awesome of him to go down this path. Kudos to Jalen even though it didn't work out between him and the Texans. I hope this succeeds.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I understand, and I hope this succeeds as well, but what kind of following is your shoe gonna have if you dont really have a following yourself.

20. tobster

tobster Member

It's a new world. Look at how Toms started. I think a lot of athletes that are really big now but signing with the big name companies are going to see that there could have been more money to make if they started their own shoe companies. May not seem as glamorous but they would bring in more money maybe. I like this outside of the box move.

BigShasta likes this.