1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ummm the other poster says 31-1 record doesnt come from being conservative. I counter that yea he gets them wins, but he does it by being ultra conservative. He doesnt go for the throat, but by running out the clock and relying on defense. It works when u are ahead but its disastorus whe ln u behind. A good coach is able to adapt..... playoff game for example we were behind halftime and what got 7 points out of bob playcalls?

Just to restate my assertion earlier, u can win via conservatively especially if you are leading at half-time (proof: BoB record), what BoB fails to do is b aggressive when it really matters, especially when behind. His team has a problem coming from behind.

#401 DatRocketFan, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

Actually, with Watson at QB, we’ve had multiple shootouts look at the scores of the first seven games in 17 (Watson got hurt during the Seattle game)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2017.htm

There’s no way you score that many points being conservative

In 2018 we put up a decent number of points as well

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2018.htm

Don’t you think that at least some of his being conservative last season had to do with a horrible offensive line and the fact we didn’t have Fuller or Coutee for much of the season. Don’t forget our starting TE Griffin had serious concussion issues last year as well. It’s hard to be aggressive when your QB is running for his life and he’s missing a bunch of his weapons for much of the season

You mentioned the playoff game against the Colts, you realize our best weapon on offense, DHop was playing on a badly sprained ankle and he had a 3rd degree shoulder separation. He had to have someone help him take his jersey off after the game.

everyday eddie and TheFreak like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

2017: 338 (21.1/g) 17th of 32, we put up a record of 4-12. What's the point of using this as an example?

2018: I don't really recall any games being a blow out except the Dolphin game. BoB has won his games being conservative (it's not that big of a deal if we win), my problem with him is does he have it in him to turn it on and force his offense to b aggressive when u need it to. If u recall the Patriots game, and Seahawks he p***y out, went conservative and lost.

stevel likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It also means he's usually losing at halftimr

vupac1 likes this.
  5. raining threes

Hopefully this changes with the improvements on offense this offseason.

6. thejav

thejav Member

Love this trade. Looks like Bill hired Daryl Morey to make trades for him.

raining threes likes this.
  7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Those two games still tick me off. Okay let's take it easy on offense now, we're going to let the defense stop a great QB from doing what a great QB does the rest of the game.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. raining threes

Man, Tunsil was owning Clowney.

Houstunna and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasn't this the game where we shat on them? One of the few where we seen BoB or was it Watson flex his muscle on offense and went ham

raining threes likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It was always Watson. Never BoB.

Houstunna, RasaqBoi and red5rocket like this.
  11. raining threes

LMAO

A HC/QB work together.

It's like they are partners in a business.

One watches over the money and the other is in charge of operations.

12. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

In regards to 2017, I was talking about the games we had Watson at QB where we averaged 34.6 pts per game. I do agree with you that at times he’s been too conservative, the 2 games you mentioned are prime examples. I also think we’ve had some personnel issues, horrible OL and injuries to our WR/TE, that forced us to be conservative. If we stay healthy this year, I think you’ll get your wish and you’ll see an explosive offense. I think the OL will improve and we might have the best group of WRs in the NFL from top to bottom.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u knew that you wouldnt have gotten rid of Brown.

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Tunsil has been working under Flores (from the Patriots), I heard Peter King talking about how BoB and people within the organization know he can adjust quickly. It's relatively the same stuff he's been learning in MIA. Just like with BoB, the ties run deep. Tunsil is a top 5 LT in the league so it immediately makes the other guys accountable because of his rep around the league. I really believe it'll be a 180.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well that's the best optimal outcome. I just think in general pluggin in a player into an oline composed of rookies is a recipe for disaster. Beside that Chief oline, I don't recall where oline that were hastily put together will be effective especially in the 1st game. I hope they prove me wrong though, Watson health depends on it.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...that was O'Brien. That was Bob McNair and Rick Smith.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Bill O'Brien on no GM: 'We have a really strong structure in place here. It is all about winning. I've always been involved in personnel decisions, no more no less

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's literally his job to draft and develop players.

"Its too hard, just trade draft picks"

My goodness this guy sucks.

Houstunna, arkoe and RasaqBoi like this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

DW4: "I just need $3.00 to finish up this project for good."
    BoB: "Ok. Miller, here is $2.00. Let's get this thing done."

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You would think it was obvious that BOB would have rather had DB on the team but anything that doesn't paint the coach in the most negative light possible around here is immediately rejected.