1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack on London Bridge June 3 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Could go for a chocolate pie right now

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your research involves reading my posts. Digging real deep there. I quoted him on something he said and then in one post said I would be alarmed and it was a gaff. That was a fact followed by an opinion. You saying "Only you know if you are being intentionally dishonest or just fell for Trump's BS." because I just quoted him then gave my opinion. Completely unsupported attack.

You disputed them without knowing he said it twice and you were quoting an entirely different answer.

That's right, now you know what quote means.

Actually I quoted a press conference so...

I just posted the quote and my opinion about them and then I had to defend my quotes for some reason. Look how many times I had to ask what I had wrong and all the deflections and attacks that ensued. If any of you guys had bothered, you could have just said "He said all those phrases, i disagree on the meaning" You have to agree on the facts first, you gave your opinions and attack first.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Attacks? Geez, what a snowflake.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Muslim I know defends them, nor do any liberals that I know.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Snopes: False: http://www.snopes.com/cnn-muslim-protests-london/

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So we have a mix of foreign- and European-born terrorists involved in this attack. Does this yet eclipse the notion that despotic Middle East countries with depressed economies are to blame for terrorism?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

By only including European attacks, you are effectively ignoring probably 80% of Islamic terrorist attacks that happen in shitty war torn regions.

8. dmoneybangbang

Yawn.... you never quoted the full speech and intentionally keep leaving out the context. You keep deflecting. Just admit you fell for Trump's and move on.

There was no reason to be alarmed with the increased police presence is the correct answer. Keep trying slugger...

9. dmoneybangbang

Not in the least.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

confirmed BS is what you post. Fact. the cognitive dissonance is mint.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the london mayor clearly said not to be worried about increased police presence in the wake of the attacks. no different then when after 9/11 gwb told americans to go about their daily lives. he did not say not to be worried about terrorism...anyone arguing otherwise is just being an obtuse, dishonest a**hole.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, exactly. But some people seem to live for being an obtuse, dishonest a-hole

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Jeez... Trump supporter congress Chris Collins and Trump's son both try to defend Trump's offensive tweets about London's mayor on the Mayor. "waaaah... the bad Mayor started it first". Juvenile!

GOP Rep. Collins: London mayor started feud with Trump
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/chris-collins-donald-trump-london-cnntv/

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

R2D2, you lie to yourself. That's pretty pathetic.

15. dmoneybangbang

The fact is you never properly quoted anything and intentionally left out the context. You have been given multiple chances to back up your claim.

16. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I was in the London Bridge area when the terrorist attack happened. Needless to say, it wasn't a nice experience.

I didn't see the terrorists or any of the victims directly, but I was literally two-ish streets away and had a view of London Bridge - people running all over the place, police, ambulances, streets cordoned off, panic, wondering if the suspects are still at large, frantically updating the police twitter account, news websites, etc. When you're right in the middle of things, it's crazy how slow time goes and how difficult it is not knowing what's going on. Our group was very aware that the London attacks of 2005 involved multiple locations and bombings, so we weren't sure what was going to happen. We hid in a pub for about an hour before being confident that the police had secured the area, after which we made our way back home.

It made me think of Yung-T's experience with his brother. I have/had the same attitude - 'what are the chances of being involved? no point worrying, car accidents are more likely' - but once you're actually in the thick of it, wow. I will freely admit that I was scared sh*tless and I have felt a sense of worry when entering the Tube and other major landmarks since Saturday. I'm aware that I'm maybe emotionally exaggerating the experience a little as it just happened. There were obviously thousands of people present and I wasn't right there on London Bridge, but it was definitely a jarring experience I won't forget. I feel so sorry for the victims, absolutely horrible.

I don't actually know what to think or what solutions we can implement to 'fix' radicalisation in Europe.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You're not exaggerating at all. I'd be completely scared shitless at that moment, as well. Thankfully, you are physically OK. The emotional part might still haunt you here and there. Prayers to you.

It has to be a multi-dimensional solution. But not just talking about it- and if you've got people on the radar, there has to be more done- heck, if there's proof they have supported ISIS, kick them out permanently or something. I'm not talking about going the internment route- I'm talking about those who have been found to be promoting ISIS propaganda. It's terrible all around.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Hammer attack in France.

19. TheresTheDagger

Mayor of London knows at least 200 ISIS fighters are in London right now but has no idea exactly where. Claims "we don't have the resources to track them".

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It seems like that should be something that would be coordinated at the national level. Not the mayor's office. Why are you attacking the mayor of London?