1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TheGreat, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I heard Warren Moon on the radio saying the same thing. There are only 3 downs in the CFL and the field is wider, meaning you have to pass more often and often have to make longer throws compared to the NFL. Tebow's strength as a runner would be largely negated in the CFL as well as the Arena league.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

but no one in the NFL is doubtin ghis running abilities/those strengths that would be negated. They're doubting his throwing. If he shows in those leagues that he can throw well enough to be dangerous (meaning if he improves a ton), then NFL teams would give him a chance, knowing that the "decent" throwing they see in those leagues can add to the running skillset they know he has

3. Major

Major Member

But he wouldn't be a good QB in those leagues - he can't fling the ball the way they need him to there. So there's no reason for any of those teams to start him, except for media circus purposes.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think Tebow got an offer from a Canadian team to be a backup. Gonna be hard to impress NFL GM's while holding a clipboard in Montreal.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

well, he won't be a good QB in the NFL. He has to find a way to improve to the point of being a *decent* QB in those leagues. Decent enough to play and continue to improve and show his skills.

I agree it'd be for media circus purposes from the team's perspective. But both sides would get something out of it. It's Tebow's only shot at being a QB--he has to prove the throwing bit somewhere

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I have no idea how the defenses play or how well they rush the qb in cfl, and I'm certainly underestimating the talent level of CFL in this post. But I can imagine if it's real pass happy like yall say, that Tebow can play his backyard football style and do okay.

7. Major

Major Member

It's just a different type of game. That's the reason the scrub NFL QB's don't end up in those leagues, and the all-stars from those leagues don't end up getting NFL tryouts.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scoopage: The Eagles are plannng to bring in Tim Tebow and sign him tomorrow as they begin their offseason program FOX SPORTS has learned</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/589919932864827392">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm honestly convinced Chip Kelly cares more about headlines than actually winning games

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow what a joke. Let the circus begin

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

<50% chance Tebow makes the team.

I like Chip Kelly and think he's a very smart guy, but it does seem like he's lost his mind.

"Circus" is the right term. It will be interesting seeing how this plays in Philly. Could get ugly if the wheels fall off.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If that's true then he's done a pretty poor job of showing that he doesn't care about winning.

13. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

As an Eagles fan, I only have one request:
    Can they PLEASE get rid of Chip Kelly and sam bradford already? I'll accept five years of Tim Tebow if I don't have to deal with those other two clowns.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He has taken a team that went to the playoffs primarily because of the strength of their offense, blown up said offense and replaced it with castoffs from other teams. It's one of those classic "looks like a genius if it works, looks like an idiot if it doesn't" situations. I guess we'll find out.

And that doesn't even take into account the Tebow signing. That is, quite obviously, just a move to grab headlines.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

^^^^

Eagles went to the playoffs 2 seasons ago. Just missed this season. My mistake.

16. Major

Major Member

Or he's playing his own version of Moneyball in the NFL. Maybe he sees a skillset he can use in some way that other coaches are undervaluing and he's trying to acquire that at a discount price. Tebow likely can't be a regular NFL QB, but he could play an interesting role with trick plays or specific packages - but you need a coach creative enough to use him effectively. That's not John Fox or Rex Ryan.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You left out the part where they were 4-12 before Chip Kelly.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Must be fun to live in Philly with the Eagles and 76ers

19. vince

vince Member

Chip Kelly is a mad genius.... It seems like a circus, but he has the Eagles very competitive.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

From one day being a tv analyst to the next day starting in the NFL. Further proof the Lord works in mysterious and glorious ways! Praise be upon him.