1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Syria] US Troop Withdraw

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 19, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh brother...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. WNBA

WNBA Member

As long as Kurds is the enemy of ISIS,
    Kurds are born to fight against Turks. Kurds have won the world by being best ISIS hunters. They will be fine.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll just chalk you up to being dumb.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trump is so funny. He’s like a five year old boy. All of his stories involve important people with bigly stakes and he’s the hero that they all turn to because they are so desperate. In his stories the army generals are damsels in distress and he saves them while they swoon and throw medals at him and call him sir!

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's great for business. General Dynamics F-16's being taken down by Raytheon Stinger missiles.

Buy Mortimer Buy!

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Are you Kurdish? Or Stupid? The Turkish military is no ISIS. You've no idea what they're going to do to the ragtag terror bands you're glorifying. They're gonna get rolled.

MiddleMan likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol trading places... like for the reference...

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Turkish military is the relatives of ISIS. Their enemy will be Kurds, Syrians, Russians, Iraqis, Iranians and Trump. Not looking good for them unless they are insane.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Turkey will be invading from the North and it is coordinated with a Russian invasion from the South? Newly publicized U.S. documents who this to be the case.

Trump is really doing blatant actions that harm U.S. allies and help our Russian adversaries.

10. NewRoxFan

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Vietnam was a bad idea. This is our generation's Vietnam.

Time to end it. I really don't give a damn about you feeling like a loser. Going there was a losing decision. Turkey will secure its border now.

12. NewRoxFan

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who supports Erdogan over the Kurds?

Lindsey maybe you should've listened to this guy.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Following Gulf War I GH Bush told the Kurds to rise up against Saddam and they did counting on US aid. The US dithered and they were slaughtered. When the US withdrew from Iraq in 2009 the Kurds took much of the brunt of ISIS' attack. Yet again the Kurds get let down by the US.

15. NewRoxFan

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with how I feel.

You can hate the Kurds all you want. But no matter what they have done wrong, they agreed to help the United States. They allied themselves with the United States and fulfilled their end of the bargain.

Now the United States has abandoned them. The next time we need regional allies to fight terrorism, it will be more difficult because of this.

Further more, it is something that was harmful to our allies and helps our Russian adversaries.

I actually support getting our troops out. I don't support doing it in a way that betrays our allies and is a boon to our adversaries.

17. NewRoxFan

And you thought he betrayed the Kurd allies because he wanted to bring our troops home? This is why (1) we need to see those tax returns and (2) we need presidents to divest business interests that could influence decisions like this...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tr...ss-connections-turkey-back-spotlight-n1064011

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Finding a way to withdraw American troops would be great. If only there was an American leader that was actually capable of working with allies in order to get support to allow is to reduce and withdraw our troops while at the same time putting agreements in place that would protect the Kurds with whom we have allied.

Maybe there was a good reason after all to elect leaders who can actually work with our allies and lead them. I'll try and remember that the next time I decide to vote for a guy I thought would be cool for bucking the system and punishing those idiotic libs.

19. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Yes. Pull our troops out. War hawks just lost a foot hole in the middle east.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I agree. Pull our troops out. But do it in a way that doesn't abandon our allies who have been the most efficient in combatting ISIS, died while helping the U.S. in the battle against ISIS. Work in conjunction with allies to protect and secure agreements protecting our allies who have upheld their end of the bargaining.

AleksandarN and MiddleMan like this.