1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LIV: San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2020.

?

Super Bowl LIV: San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Poll closed Feb 2, 2020.
  1. 49ers

54.8%
  2. Chiefs

45.2%
  1. Major

Major Member

Scarface will justify anything, as we've learned. He'll be a contented Texans fan if BoB is still coach in 12 years and hasn't gotten into an AFC Title game, because he'll find an excuse and justify every year.

Astros, on the other hand, he'll complain about if they lose a single postseason game and talk about how terrible and unmotivated they all are.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Except when he complains about the Astros after a handful of games, he calls it sarcasm.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

The biggest choke was towards the end of the 4th on the crucial drive before the Chiefs scored the game winning TD. They had 2nd and 5 and they passed the ball twice and stopped the clock. They should've have pounded the ball on the right side and bleed the clock more. They choked.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

He was going to lose a million dollars regardless; just like the Astros promo, it was a hedge bet. Had he won the bet by virtue of the 49ers winning, he would have had to pay out refunds on furniture purchases but now he gets to keep those sales. He keeps doing these promo's so he must be coming out ahead in the long run.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I can watch that all damn day and night! haha

While I didn't win any of my squares, it was a Great game and I loved the halftime show.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Shakira maybe 43 years old, but still a very hot number.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Coaches overcomplicating things again. So many L's this season are noticeably on the coaches.

49ers are the NFL's version of Army, just run the ball. Yeah, JimmyG is stastically one of the best QBs but a lot can also see you can't depend him under pressure situations.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The San Francisco 49ers have locked down their franchise quarterback as Jimmy Garoppolo has officially signed a new five-year contract worth a reported $137.5 million, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Mike Garafolo of NFL Network first reported the new deal.

As you can see, Jimmy G just signed a five year contract, Brady salary is about $30M. I do not think it is going to be worked out for the salary cap standard.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He lost three times within one year. First, $13M for the world series, second, $1M for the KC-Tenn game, now, $1M for last night game. The guy just has no a common sense for a gambling. He lost $7M for the ball game too a few years ago.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

He's not just making random bets, it's a hedge bet that he has to do or else he would have no common sense. His promo was that if the 49ers win then you'd get 50% of the purchase price back or 100% back in store credit. If he stood to lose 1 million in sales due to refunds if the 49ers won then he had to bet 1 million dollars on the 49ers. He lost the bet but was able to keep all of his sales. To us it appears he's breaking even each time but I'm sure the financial numbers are in his favor to keep doing these crazy promos.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... yup!

Mine made worse since while she was saying that I was actually lost in dream involving me, J-Lo and Shakira...

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The free advertising he gets by the media covering his bets is worth every penny all by itself.

13. Buck Turgidson

SF did not run the ball nearly enough for my taste.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

I thought they both left it all on the field. It's no secret as to why 100, 000 compadres rioted in estadio Azteca during Shakira's performance, so much so the NFL had to cancel a scheduled game. She begins shaking her hips and the rest is history.
    And what can we say about Jennifer Lopez, the timeless wonder. I don't expect anyone here or athlete for that matter to understand the difficulty of swinging from a stripper pole and keeping up with the audio play back. One of the greatest performances that will be spoken about for generations to come.

There was a game played apparently.