1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sugarland Skeeters - Anone going or been?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BleedsRocketRed, Apr 26, 2012.

1. BleedsRocketRed

Just got my first tickets for this Friday, going to go check it out. Anyone else plan on going to a game? Tickets seem to be pretty cheap at $8, I think it will be a good atmosphere for the cheap. The opener is tonight

I wonder what the concessions will be priced at.

2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Plan on going in a few weeks. I hear the field is pretty nice. Food better be good though!

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Went lastnight. Was in one of the suites and had a great time. I didnt watch much of the game though honestly.

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Concessions are priced a little less than any other sports venue. Tickets are cheap though. If you have kids, there is a lot for them to do there. $1 to ride the carousel. They have a pool. They have a huge playground also.

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Tried to get tickets a couple of days ago for tonight's game but sold out. I live just down the road and certainly heard and saw the festivities. Between the vintage WW2 fighter planes circling my neighborhood and hearing the explosions of the fireworks later, could have sworn I was in the middle of a war. LOL!!!

6. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah the fireworks show at the end was pretty cool. They had all kinds of cool stuff going on. It was really well planned out. Only complaint was parking but that was because there were so many people given single tickets for the night that all brought thier own cars. Usually it will be more families and groups coming together.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Negatives:

Parking - the free lot is small so overflow parks in a grass field. Imagine walking to your car at 10 PM on an unlevel surface, poor lighting, dust blowing in your eyes and face, not knowing if you're stepping on a snake or ant hill while looking for your car. Yes they have shuttles to take you to your car but the lines are too long. IMO the Skeeters should open up the pass lot until the free lot is completely paved.

Concessions - major league pricing.

Team store - merchandise has been picked clean.

Gates - one entrance/exit so it backs up.

Positives:

Stadium - really nice and not a bad seat.

Tickets - affordable. The lawn looks like it blows so spend a few more bucks for a seat.

Fireworks - well done.

In game entertainment - you won't see it at a major league game for sure.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Positives: 5min drive from my house
    Milfs and Gilfs to go around for everyone..
    This ain't yo daddy's Astros...

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

awww skeet skeet skeet skeet!