1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Students Filed Title IX Complaints Against Kavanaugh to Prevent Him From Teaching at Harvard"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

article at the Harvard Crimson: https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2018/10/2/students-file-title-ix-against-kavanaugh/

Ann Althouse comments: "Why don't activist, feminist women aspire to strength? Promoting the timidity and delicacy of women and running to the authorities with specious, backhanded complaints — what lowly, destructive activism!"

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2018/10/students-filed-title-ix-complaints.html

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

There seems to be a catch-22 here.

If you protest or demonstrate, you're ridiculed and called a snowflake

If you go through official legal channels to file proper challenges to something, you're... apparently also a snowflake.

I wouldn't want an accused sexual predator teaching my kid at college until a thorough investigation had been conducted, either.

Ottomaton, mdrowe00, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show that there's no system these kinds of shitty people won't exploit and abuse to try and push their politics.

cml750 likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Running to the authorities is a strength. That is especially true knowing that people will attack you from making the allegation. In this case, the President even mocked this person. Of course, many victims are reticent to come forward. People will call you a liar, claim that you are doing it for all sorts of motives other than simply reporting a crime of which you are a victim.

Anyone who dares to speak out against men in power will be attacked. Anita Hill and countless others told the truth with corroboration and was still attacked. It isn't just people who might be telling something that isn't true.

adoo likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It'd hardly be appropriate for a sitting supreme court justice to teach a course about the supreme court, so he was probably not returning anyhoo.

These are law students learning to leverage the law to win for their clients, in this case themselves. I cannot think of a more appropriate thing than law student protesters finding some legal mumbo-jumbo to protest with. Funny to see the Title IX experts saying the claims are specious and won't prevail -- they've already won, specious or not.

Rocket River and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good white male outrage thread, @Os Trigonum

You are awarded 6/10 Kavanaughs with a Lindsay bonus
    [​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and adoo like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

B-Bob likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I hear nothing but complaints from the Right all the time about College professors having bias in the classroom, but when its someone with their own partisan slant, they'll freak out about something like this.

Kavanaugh, UNDER OATH, blamed the Democrats & a Hillary Clinton under the pretense of a conspiracy theory. He's a Partisan, and that's obvious. College students deserve to get an education based on THE FACTS, and in this case THE LAW as it is written.

I would think conservatives of all people should understand that, and realize that Brett Kavanaugh cannot be viewed as a non-partisan educator with no political slant.

RayRay10, joshuaao, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

media conspiracy

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think students should be placed in intellectually challenging situations, and they should face all kinds of different ideas intellectually.

I don't think complaints about the judge-bro in question relate to anything intellectual. Student's families are paying the tuition. And they are looking at a possible instructor for their kids who truly behaved, at the highest, brightest stage, like a frat boy whose parents had just taken the keys to his BMW. And he has a professor at another school alleging he drunkenly sexually assaulted her, (yes, years ago). And he's been documented as lying and dissembling under oath in previous confirmation hearings. So let the students complain if they want. (Might be more effective to boycott any course he was ever going to teach or boycott the department until they remove his adjunct status or whatever.)

In terms of being a prof, who cares if he reeks of political bias? He would hardly be the only one.

joshuaao, mdrowe00 and JuanValdez like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure these were undergraduate students raising the complaint about him teaching a course at Harvard Law School

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dude, I thought you were a cool Prof.

13. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nah, I don't do low-temperature physics anymore.

[​IMG]

Ottomaton and KingCheetah like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree with you actually, but just pointing out the hypocrisy of the right's talking points about students being indoctrinated by politically bias liberal professors. If its a problem that there are liberal professors, then it should also be a problem that Kavanaugh is also allowed to teach students as a well known political operative for the Trump party.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is one of the many reasons that what Judge Kavanaugh went through wasn’t just a job interview. I don’t know how many job interviews have the chance to ruin an innocent persons life.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Hopefully Ford will be okay, so I don’t think her life is ruined. Same for Ramirez.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There is a saying people in prison often say "... if you can't do the time".