1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stu Holden

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by desihooper, Mar 13, 2014.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, he got injured again and will be out for a few months.

Such a shame, would love to have someone like him in form and able to contribute to the USMNT.

In much, much happier news for him,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In better news excited to spend the rest of my life with you! <a href="https://twitter.com/KaralynWest">@KaralynWest</a> <a href="http://t.co/3sYJjth8AL">pic.twitter.com/3sYJjth8AL</a></p>&mdash; Stuart Holden (@stuholden) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuholden/statuses/443511249377042432">March 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Congrats, Stu. Hope you get well soon! #NoHoldenBack

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This guy gets injured like crazy. I'd imagine he will be returning to the dynamo in a year or so. He's not so young anymore and does nothing but get hurt in Europe

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He really needs to take his TIME and get healthy, I think him pushing it has been a big reason for all these injuries.

He is looking more and more like Dave O'Brien.

DD

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

He is injury prone. :eek: Trade him to another country's team... sign another European kid.

When does FREE AGENCY start?!?!?

;)

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

FYPost.

6. ferrari77

Was gonna question why this was thread worthy but I guess since he is Houston bred then it probably makes more sense than some other threads on here.

If Bolton don't extend his contract(again) after next season, I'm sure he will still find other teams in the Championship to give it a go with. Unless the money offered by MLS is on par to what he might be offered, he won't be back here for another 2-3 seasons.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He should just retire.

8. ferrari77

Great contribution bro. I'm sure he'll take your advice and do that as opposed to fighting to come back and play the sport he loves.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Great guy. Far and away my favorite soccer player.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Personally, I think it's time Stu comes back home. Get healthy and come back to the Dynamo. Obviously, Brazil is out of the question. He still has a chance at 2018. Dougie Freedman has told him he still has a future with Bolton...but Freedman probably doesn't. They're not terribly far out of the relegation zone. Without Freedman, Stu probably doesn't get re-signed. Especially if they do fall, why would he want to go back? I say come home, get healthy, and sign with the Dynamo. He'd be an excellent fit with the current club and, when healthy, make them a favorite.

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That'd be sweet to be sure: Davis/Holden/OBG in midfield with Bruin up top in a 4-2-3-1? It would also give him experience in the formation the USMNT seems to prefer over the old 4-4-2.

Come home and get well, Stu!

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The thing about coming back to the Dynamo is that he will again be limited to playing to his ability. As soon as he tries to take off again, he will re-injure. He should stay in the competitive European leagues. :eek:

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What if Bolton is relegated? What team, Championship or above, in Europe is going to sign a player who will have played a total of 24 minutes in a reserve game over nearly 2 years, coming off of 2 ACL injuries?

That's all IF Freedman gets to keep his job..which appears to be day-to-day right now.

14. Beavis Stiffler

Coach Dom Kinnear has a very good history of making players better coming off from injury. For example, Omar Cummings and David Horst are some of the players that are doing good and contributing to the Dynamo. Only Calen Carr's ACL injury from the 2012 MLS Cup is the only setback.