1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Stoop": Rockets Twitter vs Eddie Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 5, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I can't stand him most of the time. He tries to bs his way through so much. Awkward moment the past week or so when he started arguing with his guest, Tim McMahon, about the Rockets. I thought he had lost his mind because he was treating the guest like a typical caller. McMahon was defending the Rockets against pretty much every point Eddie was saying and Eddie was getting furious. Eddie has some type of hatred going on for the Rockets, and I think much of it has to do with his hatred for analytics.

The other one on that station that rips the Rockets at every turn is Evan Cohen. He got on today and just started out ripping them by saying they're the whiniest organization in all of sports. lol. I busted out laughing. I can't tell if he's just doing the radio version of "click bait" or being serious with his hate. :D

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually, Eddie will spend 30 minutes on a diatribe about Harden, Morey, and the Rockets and why they suck, but then say he loves them and loves Harden, but doesn't like his style of play. :D

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know. He’ll rant all night about Harden being a ball hog, saying he’d fight him if he was his teammate, he’s a choker blah blah and then say “i love harden i never hate on him!”

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

My guess: Eddie is confused and pissed that he didn't also miss out on that Charles Barkley under-the-table money.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Does he know Harden from when he was at Arizona?

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Eddie Johnson is really annoying to listen to honestly. Great shooter, nice guy, but makes vague, empty points, backpedals constantly, and rarely makes enough sense to justify the amount of time he takes to try to explain his thoughts. I want to enjoy him and JT, but usually it's just an obnoxious back and forth of ridiculousness.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Too bad KD not free for another 3 years

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I've seen enough, trade Capela and EG for KD.

juanm34 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's pretty much just Kevin Durant replying all to every email he gets

D-rock, hakeem94, Zboy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am guessing Eddie is another person that Les owes some money to.

Houstunna, juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Someone should remind him is the all-time leading scorer for a player that never made an all-star team. Perhaps an indication of his likability.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Eddie Johnson: "I played the game, you didn't and thus all my opinions, perspectives and general likes are right and are facts."

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

D-rock and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Eddie Johnson hates a lot of people. He is known as a dick in his hometown. He is a miserable person.

16. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t happening but Harden and KD have to be reunited but in Houston. The level of hatred for the Rockets would be off the chart.

Harden would continue to average 40 points with 25 free throws a game and every time anyone threw any shade at Harden, KD would go on a rant about Windbags cholesterol numbers, how smelly Ramona is or how big a douchebag Zach Lowe is.

Count down to Harden faking a heart attack on the court or KD spitting in the face of Luka.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

LOL He isn’t a nice guy

D-rock likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think James Harden destroyed the Suns with 142 points last year. I think it was a Franchise Record. Very similar Eddie Johnson and Domique Wikins, 2 lottery teams broabcasters have 4 Votes for MVP. Shameful.

To me all the Leslie Alexander, Carroll Dawson, Rudy Tomjanovich, China Issue, All that hate is directed at James Harden.

I think Devin Booker had a Chinese Shoe maybe it got terminated.

Klay Thompson has a Chinese Shoe.

I think the Chinese Money has gotten the NBA Players upset, which in turn media is Angry at the Rockets. I know for certain it is not the way James Harden plays, its the Rockets Organization that is hated. Lebron James and Nike are evil and personally trying to destroy James Harden reputation. Ever since James Harden has signed with Adidas, Nike is involved with media guys trying to destroy James Harden. Skip Bayless Wears Jordan Shoes on the set, Shannon Sharpe wears LeBron James Shoes.
    LeBron James is wanna be James Harden.
    Trying out his Stepback 3, his Stepback is trash can glorified.

#38 rockets1995, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Richie_Rich and lilbird20 like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Can’t wait for the Westbrick for Kd trade in 3yrs!!!!

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Eddie Johnson is just a legitimate dumbass...

If I could go back in time and change one thing (other than, ya know, important stuff), I would try to convince everyone in the sports media world that just because someone played in the NBA doesn't make them an expert. I've never in my life been as good of a basketball player as Eddie Johnson was on his worst day. But I can talk circles around the guy when it comes to modern NBA basketball. I got into it with him on twitter a few days ago. I put him in a mental pretzel so he called me a "stoop" and stopped responding. The guy claims that Harden cares too much about his points, but has his career total in his twitter bio!

A couple years ago, when Steph broke the league, Oscar Robertson went on Mike and Mike (I think it was Mike and Mike) and basically tried to invalidate everything Steph was doing because "teams don't press anymore." This was at one time the greatest player ever... And he thinks pressing would stop modern NBA offenses, much less one of the best offenses we have ever seen!

You have Charles Barkley (who is objectively hilarious and still very good on TV), telling people every night that the Rockets can't win because Harden dribbles too much... THEY MADE A DAMN RULE BECAUSE CHUCK DRIBBLED TOO MUCH!

Every former player dogs on Harden's ISO ball, completely ignoring the fact that they all tried ISO ball too, they just sucked at it! Even post-ups, thats just an ISO on a different part of the court! Shall, ISO'd! Kareem, ISO's! Wilt, ISO'd against plumbers...

I could go on and on... The retired players that actually understand how the game has evolved are all either working in a team's FO, coaching, or chilling on a beach somewhere! Im over these dude's being dubbed "experts!"