1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr letting players coach WAS a shot against PHX

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsFan2017, Feb 15, 2018.

1. RocketsFan2017

He left Phoenix on bad terms. For those that don't remember, back during the Nash era, Steve Kerr was the Suns GM and was loved by everyone here. Unfortunately, he had a falling out with the ownership and has held a grudge against Phoenix ever since. I haven't seen one article mention this fact because it's not known.

I agree with Jared Dudley, if the Suns didn't want to be embarrassed like that, they should have played better. However, my problem is with how Kerr and the Warriors lied about the true motive of that. Steve Kerr doesn't like the Suns ownership.

Just admit to it and man up.

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't know what you've seen from Kerr basketball-wise that show's he can act like a man.

A genuine, piece of sh*t, sure. But not a man.

snowconeman22, BigShasta and ipaman like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

steve kerr is a b**** ass weasel

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's been shown to be a petty man so no surprise.

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Dont worry Suns and thd rest of the NBA. Htown got this

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

No, it only proves Lavar Ball is right. Anyone can coach these warriors and still win. Steve Kerr is overrated as a coach.

thedreamsteam, ipaman, Rox11 and 2 others like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Steve Kerr is a terrible GM trading away SF/PF Shawn Marion for Old Slow Shaq. Slowing the team down. Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire than Firing Mike D'Antoni like it was Mikes fault. Ofcourse he deserved to be fired, and not knowing how to draft, if they knew how to draft years ago they wouldn't be this bad right now. Getting hired as a coach by stealing Mike DAntoni plays, yeah he is a terrible person, fake as they come. Plus calling out James Harden step back as a travel on Twitter, laughing it off as a mistake. I hope Mike DAntoni out coaches and destroys the Warriors and especially Steve Kerr.

#7 rockets1995, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    bj3175, thedreamsteam and BigShasta like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Is he even a top 5 coach even though his team has made the finals the past three years?

Popovich
    Carlisle
    Stevens
    D'Antoni
    ?

I would put Snyder at #5 before Kerr

pippendagimp and roslolian like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Dude this is old news. MDA doesn't like Phoenix either, go back and check the final score of the games we've played against the suns in the last two seasons, we beat them by an average of 20 points. MDA left phx cause Kerr wanted to hire a defensive coach for his staff. Kerr got pushed out when they realized he's a shitty gm, the squad went from run and gun to Shaq and Jason Richardson. Plus Kerr couldn't set a draft board to save his life (Robin Lopez and Gani Lawal ring any bells?). But he put the nail in his own coffin by comparing Jan Brewer to hitler. You can't do that ****

#9 Fantasma Negro, Feb 16, 2018
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

you're forgetting legendary championship winning coaches: doc rivers and tyron lue

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Which makes you wonder what Mark Jackson was doing...

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jason Richardson had a baby with Steve Nash wife. When the baby was born it was a black baby, it shocked Nash of course. Talk about about terrible locker room, no trust, backstabbing each other, sleeping with your teammates wife, Total Fail by Kerr.

#12 rockets1995, Feb 16, 2018
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

mark jackson didn't heal and pray for stephanie curries ankles

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kerr letting his players run some timeouts is such a non-story. The Suns got blown out by 46 points. The issue is with them, not the Warriors.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I heard this mentioned multiple times on the radio, and I think committed NBA fans know this anyway. At least I knew it.

Was it purposefully against Phoenix? Maybe. If Phoenix had the Rockets talent/record though, then he wouldn't have done it. It was more about how horrible Phoenix is, how the GSW were tuning him out, etc.

He could have done it against the Mavs, but they were coming off back to back losses. Could have done it against the Kings, but they lost the previous one to the Jazz by 30+. Could have done it against the Knicks, but they had just lost to the Rockets. Before that, I don't suspect he thought there was a need to do it.

Maybe the Mavs would have made the most sense. 2 losses in a row. lost 3 of 4, Mavs suck, Kerr could have just said f'it

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wanted to see the Suns get physical . If someone goes out of their way to embarrass you , the you have a right to fight back . You don't need to be "honorable" because they aren't .

I'd love to see the smugness turn to something else when a Suns player lays curry out .