1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith says that Deshaun Watson is better than Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Daddy Long Legs, Oct 3, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

At least you clarified that this wasn't racist. Thanks for the heads up.

#22 Fullcourt, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% agree he plays like a young Rodgers.

Both 6'2 both about 220 both can run but not blazing speed but more than good enough but there footwork and ability to throw accurate down field passes to receivers while dancing in and out of the pocket.

Both guys scramble and look to pass. Mike Vick was the best running QB ever but once he took off he wasn't looking for revivers russel Wilson does that also but not nearly as bad as Vick. Cam newton is another one.

The same stuff they said about deshaun is the the same stuff said about Rodgers coming out. They said he was small they said he didn't have the typical NFL arm strength.

Iv watched Rodgers since his first game when he replaced and injured Brett farve at halftime against the cowboys 10 years ago. And Rodgers was fantastic that game running a lot of the stuff were running with deshaun letting him use his legs to buy his receivers time to get open.

We got a special QB on the field and what's crazy is he's even more special off it.

This guy will represent houston for a long time.

Houstunna, red5rocket and pgabriel like this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Screamin A says a lot of things, who watches that idiot or cares?

5. the shark

the shark Member

You lost me at "Stephen A says..."

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't worry. In the near future that number will be made famous by Watson. For years to come.

houstonstime likes this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm old, but the last guy I remember with Showtime's escapability (new word) was Fran Tarkenton. He was an absolute magician in the field. DW seems to have the same knack for avoiding sacks and defenders in general.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

Should've known when you said, "NO RACIST"......THAT YOU ARE "RACIST"!

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dak last year had Zeke, an otherworldly O line, a last place schedule, no game tape for others to work off of, and Romo in his ear. Now Leary is gone to Denver, romo is predicting plays in the booth, zeke looks normal, another year of game tape, a first place schedule, and Dallas radio stations and fans are complaining about his accuracy and especially why he can’t complete passes to dez.

Watson had to be thrown in to the wolves, with just Hopkins to throw to, behind a crappy line, and an inebt scheme with a HC who’s job is on the line and somehow through 3 starts and limited reps with the 1’s and no TC, he’s done all this

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Am I being an idiot? wasn't Carr #8? or are you talking about Derek? I guess it's just more annoying cuz DW4 keeps getting Dak comparisons, and hes a Cowboy.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely talking about the no. 4 Carr

12. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Watson is great but the Titans D didn't show up whatsoever. Guys were wide open half the time. Still, he made some really good throws and showed good poise and confidence. We'll see how he fares the rest of the year.

I'm still taking Dak over him right now.

playalistic likes this.
  13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not racist....but Im going to make a racist comment...lol.

Richie_Rich, Red.Glare, adw and 3 others like this.
  14. Marteen

Marteen Member

The same Dak that was a game manager the first few games until week 3 when he finally threw a touchdown? I still think these comparisons are weird. They're both completely different players, but I'm glad that people are starting to compare our guy to someone like Dak. I don't mind it at all.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dak is more of a game manager to me....whereas Deshaun is more of a game changer. Both can win, but one of them needs more pieces around him.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dak has the fortune of playing with the BEST(and its NOT close) OLine in football...

Did yall NOT see Savage being annihilated in the first half of game 1? How is that line(without Duane Brown back) now playing with supreme confidence??? It is still too early to tell how the league will adjust to DW, but so far two coaches had a hard time slowing down #4. When a QB start seeing things at an early stage in his career it allows for his confidence to build and his progression as a QB to evolve sooner. DeShaun. IMO, Watson's pocket awareness is already elite...Combine this with a better offensive game plan from Bill OBrien, and the Texans are really shocking me in terms of their offensive capability. To score 57 points in the NFL is very hard...and to think he left points on the board(with a pick trying to get to Hopkins before the end of the first half).
    With KC coming, we have a chance to play against the best defense in football atm...Win or lose if Watson can put points against that defense, we may really have something here in Houston ladies and gents.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps new to you.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Cowboys and Dak rely on Zeke more. Texans need Watson to make the plays.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Is this bobbys burner account?

jev5555 likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Corrected.