1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry to coach Bud, Harden reportedly wants to play different offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I dont think we could. we didnt have our 1st round pick because of CP3 trade and cant trade consecutive years picks

2. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Harden shooting less means someone else is shooting more. tucker, gordon, green are shooting terrible from the field

Deuce likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

You seen the Brooklyn nets?, Kings?, nonsense going on in pelicans organization, Cavaliers, Knicks?, I’d say Harden has it decent.

Guys like Damian Lillard, Westbrook and etc don’t sit around complaining about who they got. Nba players are soft now days, other stars back in the day didn’t complain and play Kevin Durant and Lebron James creating bs super-teams

And let’s not act like he’s surrounded by scrubs

Top 5 center in capela

Tucker one of the best high energy role players

Chris Paul declining but still the only one who steps up in high pressure games [Harden has melted in almost every high pressure playoff series]

Eric Gordon is 6th player candidate every year

GG, House, Rivers, faried, ennis are all solid players aswell

Rockets could use one or two more solid offensive scorers but that’s just how it is, I’m sure if morey could’ve pulled it off he would have. I highly doubt morey is intentionally not making moves.

His team was literally in the WCF last year I mean wtf is their to complain about?.

Nonetheless this isn’t a Harden bash post, I feel like hes ready to take on pressure moments in the playoffs this year but I don’t think he has it as bad as people are making it out to be nor do I take stephs comments to seriously as it’s just player talk.

Harden wants a warriors type team or another superstar duo which isn’t easy to come by if free agents don’t want to come here or if you don’t have the assets or willingness from other teams to trade

#103 mockster, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. mockster

mockster Member

How many teams have big 3s? And who wins every year

Deep down there are really only 4-5 teams that actually have a shot at a chip

5. hakeemthagreat

Depends. With more opportunities comes more movement. Those looks might lead to more layups for others

6. HP3

HP3 Member

And I’m no sure why it happens? Gassed...I guess? Not entirely sure. I do know that pretty much the last 3-4 years Harden’s 3pt percentage in Martch just completely tanks. And that might be when his legs just kinda go out.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol the worst part is they continue to complain about the offense when we blow leads and pay no attention to the defense.

8. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Steph just admitted the WCF were rigged lmao

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

point is that Harden doesn’t get as much help as his other superstar contemporaries...only other person that’s been in his boat on a consistent basis is overrated AD who just isn’t capable of carrying role players and scrubs like Harden

Why on Earth should Harden be grateful for what he has? Harden is the one making these role players look good. He really doesn’t have much. Morey can put any combo of decent, inconsistent role players around him and Harden will drag them to a playoff berth, but where’s the real help? Then when everything’s on his shoulders, and it ends up being too much in the playoffs after 82 games of 35+% usage and having to create everything for himself and others, he gets labeled as a playoff underperformer. Harden should in no way be grateful for this never ending collection of mediocre talent that is put around him.

beardsanity713 and adw like this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This has nothing to do with MDA and Harden, this is what Morey wants and large part of it has to do with the shitty and lackluster offseason that he had this past summer.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

No one is forcing James to ISO... mike D loves pace and ball movement....the ISO stuff is him adjusting his system to the personnel not the other way around. James and cp3 both like to dribble around and don’t like to move much when off ball

ParaSolid likes this.
  12. Nivos

Nivos Member

Cant believe ya'll buying what Curry is selling. Trying to stirr things up.
    Harden got prime real estate in Golden boys head

Rocket River, IvanLCPM, Game7 and 2 others like this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

How are we not winning games?

What math are you using?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think he gets gassed after doing all this heavy lifting for 82 games...all these unassisted threes off the dribble are tough shots to begin with, and then when u don’t have your legs and are going up against high level defenses it causes his percentages to crater

I was hoping that the Rockets would give him scheduled rest games, reduce his minutes, or try other ways to preserve him for the playoffs, but the team got off to an 11-14 start and they can’t afford to do it...now we got Harden with a 40% usage rate while leading the league in minutes yet again

HP3 likes this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

...calling Cliff Paul

16. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Curry a straight up b**** for talking around a hot mic like that. I mean he's always been a b**** to me & this just reminds me I don't like the child.

#116 adw, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    IvanLCPM and BeBreezy like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a non story until it becomes a story with consequences.

18. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

This is the crap ESPN craves and the Max's, Steven A Smith, Skip etc just ugh

19. mockster

mockster Member

Tell me teams have what harden doesn’t?.

What warriors?, 76ers or Celtics? And those last two teams still struggle regardless in a weak eastern conference.

Harden should be grateful to have a top 5 center, Tucker, Eric Gordon and Chris Paul who is the only reason we even had a shot at winning the WCF last season.

I can understand him wanting more playmakers on offense but idk why people think the front office isn’t trying or something.

Rockets have 5 solid players, with some stronger bench players like rivers, gg and faried

Full healthy squad Rockets are no bums

I’d blame the offensive scheme for the workload on harden and blown leads rather then lack of talent/players

20. junk151

junk151 Member

#newmath