1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Kenneth Faried at the 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Should we try starting Faried at the 4?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Far"weed"? Starting?! Nope, nawl, and hellllll nawl! They don't call him far'weed' for nothing!

Not enough experience in MDA system. It's too late now in the season for MDA to make lineup change especially this one.

It was bad enough to have capaela trialing late in the game especially on that play where harden fouled out against Lakers.

Far"weed" rhythmm is best suited for garbage time IMO. Late 1st quarter. Cleanup time with the reserves.

Tucker took four shots so didn't hurt. The made buckets by kcp off the bench is what killed rockets. The kcp three's got Lakers in striking distance.

The Brandon Ingram matchup is a dreadful match up

#61 smoothie_king, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Nah, his presence off the bench is what makes him imposing.

Jones at 6’9” 240+ is a decent sized 4. He’s not a knock down 3 point shooter so I’d hesitate to call him a stretch 4 but he’s definitely a 4. He’s not incapable of hitting 3s though and his pump fake/drive are pretty nice. He’s always had handles for a big and is a good finisher. I don’t know why the reaction to his 10 day is so negative but that’s CF for you.

I’d rather see either shumpert starting at the 3 or Jones starting 4/moving Tucker to 3. Farieds hustle and energy off the bench is the infectious type. And at this point, anything but Nene getting playing time. He’s worse than Tucker.

snowconeman22 and elmotsangtt like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Far"weed' bringing the same skills and production as a Terrence Jones type talent.

Far"weed' definitely not close to Corey Brewer. Not even on a long shot. Believe it or not.

Remember Terrence Jones was barely in contention for a 10 day contract.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We got a little lucky when we were playing that big lineup .... in general farried didn't know where to be . It was a short stretch that he and Clint were in together (or him and nene ) ... so despite the fact the rockets were like a +10 .... I wouldn't expect that to hold long term .

I think farried at the 4 is OK vs some lineups but probably should not start .

But we really do need to get PJ's minutes down

5. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

To everyone that didn’t believe this, did you see what happened when Faried started?

20 point lead vs golden state before he was taken out! This is awesome.

6. PWR

PWR Member

Rebounding looks so much better with Faried starting at the 4

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it works out...I mean it puts EG back to the bench and puts Tucker in his natural position. Spacing is going to be a little wacked but...look, we're gaining in inside presence what we lose in spacing. It's a more stable lineup.

8. xaos

xaos Member

I just voted yes. :D

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really like the Clint-Manimal combo at the 5-4. Ideally you'd spell Manimal with a stretch 4, but I really like the rebounding advantage and the extra put backs around the rim.

10. HookemHorns1250

I'm not sure how it'll work in the long run with Faried at the 4, but I will say it was so...freaking...nice...to not see us be destroyed on the offensive boards.

11. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

You see everyone? Faried starting helped us win vs golden state! Everyone that doubted my theory, shame on y’all.

He plays the perfect 4 position for us! Those extra defensive rebounds helped ya win this game.

#houstonrocketsbasketball

BaselineFade and Rockets Rule like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m amazed this works so far... but if he can hit 35% consistently the. It will be awesome.

EG to bench. Tucker to SF. Better forwards. Better rebounding. Better bench. Better all around.

13. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I think i like Tucker at the 3 better than anyone else on the roster. Just stick him on the other teams best player and make them work. Gs players looked scared to set a screen on the guy he just plows right through lol. Coach might have found something with this lineup

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Faried is a monster! We need to start him, Tucker played fantastic tonight, I think the minutes are fatiguing him and he has the potential to play like this if he is better rested.

15. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Good call my breh

clutchdabear and Philter_09 like this.
  16. Zergling

Zergling Member

It wasn't just starting Faried at the 4, but still keeping Tucker in the starting lineup at 3.

Tucker just doesn't have the height to get rebounds against most PFs, but it's a different story against SFs. 10 rebounds today.

The Capela/Faried/Tucker trio frontcourt might need its own nickname. Against the freaking Warriors, they combined for 35 rebounds (each had at least 10) and 8 of them offensive.

Even when Harden returns, we need to keep that trio in there. Have Gordon come off the bench to bolster the 2nd unit.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

They should be both on for at least 25 min a game. Two lob targets/rebounding machines. Both can catch and finish.

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

His 3 points is 50 percent. We can move tucker to small forward to guard Durrant. We have nene and Jones as backup. We suddenly no need to think about small forward

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Loving those 2nd opportunities.

BaselineFade and Rockets Rule like this.
  20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Where's all the people who said this would be a bad idea? Capela had 15 rebounds. So where's the "this will be a bad chemistry between the two"?
    Unless we bring back House.

saleem and Rockets Rule like this.