1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Kenneth Faried at the 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Should we try starting Faried at the 4?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No we'll just keep losing so we can pay him the bare minimum at the end of the season

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

One of my b****es is that Morey undervalues size and hasnt given adequate options... hopefully Faried helps that situation and we dont just use him as a bu center...

Nene and Faried played together for 2 minutes (CP3/Rivers/GG/Faried/Nene)... 160 ORTG 50.0 DRTG... lol... obviously means nothing as its only 2 mins... still... I'd like to explore it... with the second unit...

#42 kjayp, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    napalm06 likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not starting, but I think the Capela and Faried combination might be worth trying out more often in games. It worked a little better than I thought it would last night.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He should be starting if he can be a good enough 3pt threat, especially since other teams will be leaving him wide open.

The problem is we don't have a legit backup center and whenever Clint goes out, we're getting wrecked in the paint.

Morey and Tilman refusing to address this problem because of $$$

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think we should start Chris Chiozza.

6. SemisolidSnake

Yes, do it. Even if for just one game as an experiment. You're not tinkering with a winning formula for kicks. You're tinkering with a consistently losing formula, so what's the damn risk?

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He is the good double tower with capela. it can increase the field goal percentage. We can pass the ball to them which is better than shoot 3 only

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly oh I hear u. I'm the leader of the if lopez gets brought out that's my nber one priority. Clint n lopez his back up.... tucker fariad his back up. That would be nice

kjayp likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's not why. Please tickets fans dont get ur Hope's up that fariad is a stretch 4 lmao. I want him at the 4 to rebound n run kn the fast breaks. I think our transition offence n screening with him will allow ego to be more of the klay role(playing of screens)

kjayp likes this.
  10. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I love this experiment. The only thing surprised me was they didn’t get as many ORB as I expected.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Tucker is a bench player duh...

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m guessing that’s the plan. Faried was probably told to eat, drink and sleep shooting 3’s during All Star break for
    this very move.

I read that bringing in House on the last few days of the season matters not. He would be ineligible for the playoffs.
    T Jones also helps or allows Tucker to play more at SF.

Needless to say I’m looking forward to the off season moves. May miss the playoffs or finish 8, 7, 6 or 5th seed.
    Early exit vs Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder or Warriors. This team lacks enough size and athleticism combination to
    beat those top 4 teams in the West and Raps, Bucks, 76ers in the East.

I won’t stop watching the Rockets.....just done here talking about them until after the season. Peace out, my brothers
    and sisters.

saleem and RichieBanks like this.
  13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Tucker is playing a career high 35 mpg as a 33 year old. He should be playing about 27-28 mpg, and I'm saying this regardless of whether he's hitting his three's etc. Now of course the Rockets have been limited in options to reduce his minutes, but whenever a player is being overplayed it means the team has some roster issues.

Faried can help to reduce Tucker's minutes, maybe have him more fresh in the 4th, etc.

Mathloom and Aruba77 like this.
  14. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

We can't because we'll dominate the league. The Rockets will be fined, Tilman will be forced to increase every item on his menu $5 bucks.

Williamson likes this.
  15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Capela and faried combination worked in the first half last night but ofcourse didnt see it again afterwards

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's not who we "start" that is really the problem. It is our offensive decision making in the late 3rd, early 4th quarters.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tuck is absolutely gunshy on offense now .
    This is unreal

Rocket River

saleem and roslolian like this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

It depends what you have in place of faried. Right now Tucker gives you 0 on offense, he is doing his best Ryan Anderson impersonation and just standing at the corner moving the ball when somebody passes to him unless nobody is within an inch of him.

At the end of the day whatever "space" Tucker gives you is eaten away by the extra effort Harden and co need to do because they are playing 4v5 on offense. Couple that with the brickfest we always have and thats just a losing equation.

Just put Faried there he will increase fhe rebounding and defense the Rox sorely lack. So what if there's no space? Harden takes step back wild 3s with defenders in his face all the time anyway and others can't hit 3s even when wide open, spacing does nothing for us right now.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No. Start Shumpert over Gordon.

20. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

80% currently think this is a good idea.

Come on Morey, I know you’re here, make it happen!

dje243 likes this.