1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spring Training

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DustinS, Feb 9, 2019.

1. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I am finally getting the opportunity to make the trip to West Palm Beach for Spring Training. I have wanted to go the last couple of years but have been unable due to not being able to get away from work.
    I resigned from my former position at the end of the year and the first thing I did was book a quick trip. I’m flying in with my family on February 22nd and will be there until the 26th. I plan to take lots of pictures and post them here.

Anyone else going to be making the trip?

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not till I retire, but it’s certainly gonna happen

Enjoy!

DustinS and desihooper like this.
  3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm going the week after you with my boss and meeting some clients there. Awesome excuse for a business trip. First time for me so I'm super excited!

desihooper likes this.
  4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

We went two springs ago. It’s a blast. If you’re into autographs, bring lots of baseballs. Hang out where they come off the workout fields. Lots of the players sign. Springer took a picture w my kids after working out. Wonderful guy.

On game days, you’ll want to hangout in the stands along the left field wall where the players come out. A lot of them sign there too. We got to talk with Jeff Bagwell, McCullers and others, and they signed a lot of stuff. Very fan friendly atmosphere.

desihooper likes this.
  5. DustinS

That’s awesome. I get those types of opportunities in IMSA Racing world. I really screwed up by passing on the opportunity to go to the Rolex24 at Daytona a couple of weeks ago. Complete VIP experience with access to any where on the track and my seats would have been with the drivers. I plan on taking advantage of the next opportunity which is at Long Beach in April

6. DustinS

Perfect. We are taking our three daughters and hope they get to meet a few players

7. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

I am also going for the first time this year. Looking forward to it, not many Astros fans here in Iowa.

houstonstime and desihooper like this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Jealous! Take some pictures and post em here if you can.

I'll be making that trip one day. Being the closest MLB team to Miami and Fort Lauderdale has its bonuses too!

9. bullardfor3

bullardfor3 Member

I'm going to spring training for the first time as well with my son. Any tips on how we should plan the day? Places to eat and visit? We will be there over a weekend in March.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hope you have a blast and take a lot of pictures.

DustinS likes this.
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Haha from 2015-2017 I lived in Marshalltown. I moved back to Houston summer of 2017 so I got to see the WS and actually went to game 5. But everyone in Iowa are just fans of Iowa State and Iowa. Not many pro fans there, especially not for Houston.

IowaAstro likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Man, haven't been since they were in Kissimmee and Biggio/Bags/Berkman were still there. Had work in the area that I bailed on early to catch a game. Such a great experience and I hope to do it again one of these years.

13. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Bump.

Going with the wife and her family next week to catch the Yankees game. Any pro tips or pointers?