1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Space Force

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by body slam, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What you're saying makes sense but I would bet Space Force* will be an entirely new branch of the military, for political reasons if nothing else. Trump going down in history as creating an entirely new military branch - I think that's what he wants. From what I've read, Space Force is pitched as a 6th branch of the military.

Also there is the whole military-industrial-complex aspect to it all. I doubt the legions of companies who rely on outrageous military contracts would allow a massive reorg that takes money out of their pockets. They will donate their way to just getting everything expanded - nothing contracted or made more effecient.

* I always have the urge to type out Space Force in all caps and bold but don't do it because it would be obnoxious. Still, SPACE FORCE just looks better. Maybe even add a "**** yeah!" after it

biff17 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My hope is that one day we will be able to proudly look into the sky and say.....

That's no moon.....it's a space station...

B-Bob likes this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

i finally watched this.

GLORIOUS!

5. biff17

biff17 Member

SPACE PANTS!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Space Camo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yall realize that space force entails terrestrial support right? That is the dumbest critique and shows how little the left gets the military....oh but let us humor this... I guess the airforce and navy should only have blue camo.

[​IMG]

"Omg these idiot air force members. why they no see that air isn't tree color deerrppp."

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Further proves we don't need an entirely new branch for this. But hey our federal government hardly says no to expanding our military industrial complex.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Just put a american flag on this bad boy and it will do
    [​IMG]
    Just joking

12. KingCheetah

If only there were branches of the military that defended the ground.

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well yeah... and Trump wants credit when there eventually is a use for this...

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If Obama created this... you would lap it up.

15. KingCheetah

US Space Command surrenders to...

SPACE FORCE

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I just binge watched the Expanse. Is this the beginning? Earth vs Mars?

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We're not to that point yet. First you need to read The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein (1966). Phenomenonal book!

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Whether we need the Space Force can be debated. we could debate that we do not need any branches and only have one military force.

What we have now is not working. Our tech force is smeared across all the branches and becoming entrenched in the private sector. The rest of the world is quickly catching up to us. We are still using communication means from a decade ago. At para-military trade shows, one of the chief complaints among all government entities is communications. It was not too long ago the military suspended the next gen WGS satellite development because it was already falling so far behind in tech.

GPS and communications are extremely vulnerable in space and difficult to keep and maintain. From a personnel point, maintaining, securing and infiltrating NOC's is a serious consideration. This is not something we have ever had to deal with during a major conflict.

I get Space Force seems a bit of a silly name. It can't be as bad as Water Force.

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Cool, but they should have called it the virtual force. The next battlefield is clearly in virtual space.

20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Bingo. We didn’t need a Space Force, that was already covered by the Air Force (we were known as the Air And Space Expeditionary Force), we need a cyber defense force. That was in the works, but beauracracy and old generals/admirals that really had no ideas about computers kept shooting it down. Instead, each branch is left to doing their own thing and are at the whims of the higher ups that still don’t understand what computer security is.

But, it’s no surprise at this point, our CiC is currently using an unsecure phone to do business. Way behind...we’re not even in the stratosphere of some of the other countries, especially Russia and China.