1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I kind of think a dream offseason would be:
    Capela+Picks for Jimmy Butler (whatever machination this takes on)
    Austin Rivers signs for his one year raise
    MLE goes to Jamychal Green
    Faried resigns for his one year raise
    House signs for his maximum non MLE number

CP3
    Harden
    Butler
    Tucker
    Green

with Gordon, Rivers, House, Clark, Faried, Nene off the bench

I still worry about the center spot there but don't think we can address it really.

mikol13, charlieaustin and hakeem94 like this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You can if you can get a value signing at center. Rockets need to do what they need to get Butler to Houston

smp, Hakeemtheking and Denovo like this.
  3. bmd

bmd Member

cyberx on May 10th: MDA's seat is hot and he needs to win the series against the Warriors or there is a good chance he's fired.

Reality on May 19th: MDA and the Rockets are beginning talks on an extension.

Hmmm, maybe cyberx's source isn't as tuned in as we thought.

Corrosion, lionaire, cyberx and 5 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

@ch44 anything you can share on this?

D-rock, Deuce, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would love JaMychal here, still so pissed we were probably so close to get him over Shumpert...but i don't see West lest him go, he seems just like a perfect role player to have around, and West is too good to let him go imo. I think it's more likely we find a way to get DeAndre with the MLE, and i would be ok if we somehow end up moving Clint and pick/s for Butler and Spellman (like Deuce proposed), sign DeAndre and Rivers (i think he's gone unfortunately but who knows):

CP3
    Harden
    Butler
    PJ
    DeAndre

Rivers
    EG
    House/Gerald
    Spellman/Clark
    Nene/Spellman/Hartenstein

...this would be some sort of dream scenario imo, so yeah, i wouldn't be ok with this, would literally love it, even though i would be sad to see Clint go.

joshuaao likes this.
  6. justtxyank

The thing with Green is that the Clippers may have to let him go to have the cap space to do what they want.

D-rock, Deuce and BaselineFade like this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Source: Seat is getting really hot, BOOM! 5 year contract extension.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Was just looking at the Clippers situation and yeah, cap holds on Green are around 15M which is pretty high, and to get two max slots they need to basically dump Gallo (expiring) or Trez and Lou. But i can see West dump Gallo (alongside a pick if necessary) and resign Green to a better contract giving him a starting spot, would make sense.

Was actually thinking that if for some reason DeAndre will go back there, they could've a similar roster next season:

DeAndre/Trez
    Green
    Kawhi
    Klay/Middleton/Beal
    Shai

Trez/DeAndre
    Temple
    Pat
    Lou
    Shamet

Scary good roster imo, and the bench will probably be better than that in the end.

Regardless, if for some reason Green will be available i agree, we should be all over him.

9. justtxyank

Deandre isn't very good anymore.

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

From my understanding- the team hasn’t confirmed this. Tilman has openly commented on Tilman not caring about a lame duck.

Seems like a power play move which would likely result in him being shown the door.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or maybe he was just coasting? I mean, personally i don't really have an opinion cause i didn't watch him aside for the games against us where he looked kinda disinterested, but yeah, i wouldn't be shocked if he coasted for the season since he played in two bad teams. Even though tbf, i'm not sure that make a ton of sense since he was in contract year...regardless, they would still have Trez/Green and maybe they will sign someone else, i just throw his name there cause he might be a target for us.

12. justtxyank

People offered this up for Joe Johnson, Carmelo and for Markieff Morris.

When older players see big drop offs I'm not going to accept the "they're just coasting" excuse.

lilbird20, Hakeemtheking and YOLO like this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Capela and Gordon for Butler?

DONE DEAL.

tycoonchip, smp, sammy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How is his seat hot and now they are taking about extension?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OK but have you seen the most recent Melo in an empty gym hitting jumpers video? Dude has still got it. Clearly, he was just coasting with the Rockets.

Get it done, Morey. Or your seat might get hot, too!

justtxyank likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

@justtxyank and @Deuce , would you part with both Capela and Gordon if it were to net us Butler and a re-signed / S&T Thaddeus Young? Our small ball lineup of Tucker/Young/Butler/Harden/Paul would be pretty damn good.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Iso Joe and Carmelo were like 34/35 and played in good teams with clear goals like Utah, Houston and OKC though, there was a good reason to think they had nothing to offer anymore.

DeAndre on the other hand played in two tanking teams so, i'd give him at least the benefit of the doubt. Like i said i didn't watch him aside for when he played against us, and in those games he looked more disinterested than done, to me at least. And i mean, he still averaged 13 rebounds per game this season while not even playing 30 minutes per game, doesn't look like someone who is declining yet.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

DJ should sign for the minimum if he wants to come home, re-start that lob city magic with CP3 and Harden. Then try to give for a JaMychal Green, Mirotic type with MLE.

Capela and Gordon should get us something at least, I’d go for a new starting PF who has length, can shoot and play defense + a wing who can shoot to come off the bench with a Nene and Shumpert as throw ins.

Then re-sign House for cheap, Rivers for minimum if he wants though he likely walks. Let Green, Faried and Shumpert go unless the latter can be traded. Faried only for minimum. Try Danny Green rather than Gerald at this point.

CP3
    Harden
    Tucker
    *NEW*
    DJ

JaMychal Green
    *NEW*
    House
    Rivers

19. junk151

junk151 Member

Why would Philly want another center in Capela when they have Embiid?

D-rock likes this.
  20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

But Butler and Jordan > EG and Capela

justtxyank likes this.