1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

MDA needs to get the Rockets out of this and win this series. Not saying its a given he is axed, but a lot rides on this.

ISOBall, ballsohard, treyk3 and 94 others like this.
  2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

He’s a great offensive mind, but has had a lot of trouble in the playoffs. Not a great coach at adjustments, and that’s what a long series needs. I say this is fair

red5rocket, amaru, BasketMAD and 29 others like this.
  3. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

I’m not too sold on Butler.

LUK3, c1utchfan925, ArtV and 9 others like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m not sold on either one of them

BasketMAD, kjayp, Gray_Jay and 8 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why not?

mike2k132 and True Rocket like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Butler is our only shot at putting another star next to Harden. Butler shows up in big games. He’d be a fan favorite. Please let it happen.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Still don't see any way Morley could make the Butler thing happen.

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We need to focus on the series at hand but it's good to know management is looking toward the future.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Butler is half crazy. Apparently it runs in the family.

But he's the kind of mentality this team needs.

Thanks, as always!

Questions: Any chance we get Ariza back? PJ will be back, right?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well...that'd certainly be quite an offseason.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah me either. Morey is who he is but somehow getting butler here who definitely is looking for a max deal, I’m not seeing it :confused:

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why D'Antoni's seat would be too hot. Who else is out there as a top-tier candidate? It's not his fault that Capela is unplayable against the Warriors, that Shumpert can't shoot or that his starting point guard is quickly degrading to "Old Man at the Rec Center" quality. He has his faults, but he is a "players' coach" and his faults are well known.

Manos, sluggo832004, AB423 and 6 others like this.
  13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its unfortunate he is on the hot seat but with a new owner who wants a big return on his purchase i can understand the need to have a successful team and the Rockets are built to win now in a very small window.

MDA has shown to be stubborn to have a very short rotation in the playoffs despite whatever Morey has done to add depth to the roster. It may have cost the Rockets the WCF last season by having to play the starters so many heavy minutes (CP3 injury) and this year there is more depth to the Rockets and yet its basically a 7 man rotation and there are capable players on the bench. You have to trust and give them some minutes here and there so they can produce. For example Kerr inserted in Jerebko in game 5 and he gave them the jolt of energy they needed and then was pulled when that burst had run its course. Faried is just sitting there and he is just another pure energy motor guy in a series where there is a definite NEED for energy. I mean you would think that Faried and House are buried on the bench because MDA doesn't trust them to play well or not make mistakes but he gives Clint such a huge blank check in that dept. There is no way anyone can say that Faried or House would be worse than what Clint was in game 5.

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

MDA's lack of adjustments has haunted him his whole career. The fact Clint played with two fouls and the lack of Nene in the second half is unexplainable. This is a fair assessment.

Our window to win a ring is now, specially with GSW being without KD and Boogie, Milwaukee still being inexperienced and CP3 getting old really fast.

JVL713, Huncho Bean, lw17 and 11 others like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Butler is the Mad Max player we need

Manos, ramotadab, bballjunkie and 5 others like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

/thread

Butler is the reason the Sixers have a chance to knock out the Raptors and the difference beween the 2017-18 and 2018-19 Wolves, if you don't see that i don't know what to say...but i'm starting to get scared he may not want to leave Philly if they advance in the conference finals, i actually hope they won't offer him a max, this may give us a better chance.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

MDA is the best at making game preparations,thats why Rox.always get a big lead in 1st half. But he doesn't do any actual coaching in the game the assistants just provide data to Harden and Cp3 and those guys need to make all the adjustments.

Even if MDA wants to take an active role so what? He knows just total 6 sets and Rox probably just practice 6 total sets all season long,thats why Rox always get flat footed when a change happens on the court. When KD went down a normal HC would've been able to capitalize, but MDA's 6 sets probably don't cover this scenario thats why he was paralyzed and couldnt do anything all game long, just watched Cp3 implode and take the team down with him.

I agree if Rox lose this series without KD and Cousins MDA needs to be gone.

BasketMAD, farhen, Gray_Jay and 4 others like this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Didn’t Butler just say publicly he doesn’t like shooting 3 pointers? That won’t go over well in Houston

tycoonchip and justtxyank like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What coach is available? Stevens or Carlisle would be 2 “unlikely but potentially possible poaches” but Budenholzer Or Pop aren’t walking through that door

20. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I agree, but it would mean getting rid of EG. feel like that sends a bad message to future FA’s. We’d be on vacation already if not for EG.

lw17, farhen, House Rockets and 3 others like this.