1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Lebron will not join the Rockets if they win the championship this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

Hey guys, the source of this information is Dontaye Draper, a close friend of Carmelo. Dontaye is playing in Spain and is a friend of my cousin who works in the Betis basketball club. Apparently Dontaye Draper speaks on the phone very often with Melo and he would have said the following:

If Houston win the championship this season, LeBron would discard us from their list of possible destinations. The reason is very simple: Bron dont want repeat Durant´s history, he has a reputation and wants to maintain it.

Lebron wants to be the key player in obtaining a ring, he does not want to reach a champion team and strengthen it.

Thanks for reading, I had this information and I wanted to share it.

Regards

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Thanks, but if we win a championship I don’t think we’d want to gut this team to get him. Historically that hasn’t worked well for us (Charles Barkley).

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that much is pretty much obvious. He cares about his legacy and wants to be seen as the difference maker not a coat tail rider. The Rockets might be in a win-win situation. If they don't win this year they get LeBron and win it next year.

4. macan

macan Member

so we have a almost win-win situation, championship this year or lebron join and we'll get championship next year:) life is good!

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sounds more like a sauce tbh

Smacktle and bilaal14 like this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Makes total sense so probably legit even if the source may not be.

Smacktle, bilaal14, Easy and 8 others like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If the Rockets win a championship I’d rather not go after Lebron. As mentioned, win/win.

Smacktle, bilaal14 and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rather have Paul George.

Better fit and 6 years younger.

Best case scenario: Win this year, add PG, and prosper even more.

Smacktle, Emtenndo, dkim1984 and 24 others like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good. He is heading to Zihuatanejo.

[​IMG]

Hakeemtheking and Snow Villiers like this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well, it’s a no lose situation for us then. Either we win the ship, or Bron joins us. I’m cool either way.

Smacktle, BigggReddd and DonKnock like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah it was so lame how the rockets traded guys the year after winning a title for Barkley. Makes no sense. You could understand if it was a few years later and they had proven they couldn’t get back to the finals with the team as is.

Oh well. Imagine if that team with Barkley had been a beast that went to the western conference finals and missed going to the championship only by the hair of a few plays!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't take this "information" as definitive, not by a long shot, but just to play along? We're playing to win, all the way. Mr. James can do what he likes this summer. If we manage a championship and that leads him away from Houston, that's his problem, not a problem for the Rockets. We would have others beating down the door of Morey's office, eager to join up. That's the kind of problem I'd like the Rockets to have. The Rockets, the new owner, Daryl Morey, and the most important component, the fans of the Houston Rockets. Get a trophy and the rest will take care of itself.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wouldn’t be the same scenario at all though if we won a trophy this year.

Like others have said, this makes sense, but good to know from a reliable source. With Lebron you never know though..

I just hope if we win that WE decide we don’t need him and can just focus on bringing everyone back!

All the more reason to want the trophy this year is stop us from making a big mistake in gutting our team for Lebron. We already in trouble if CP3 doesn’t take a pay cut to keep Capela, Ariza and Luc on the team.

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Imagine if this discussion is mentioned almost every day by everyone in the media. Oh, that's right, it is by the NY/LA media. LBJ can't go to Houston. They are too good. Hmm, I wonder why. KD looks so torn up every game winning. LBJ NEEDS to win championshipS. It's his brand. He is not doing that in CLE, PHI, or LA. Broussard mentioned that he should wait a year for next year's FA. Do you think LBJ is going to wait? If LBJ comes here after we win and Harden wins MVP I guarantee you the media will call it a fluke and if we win with LBJ he will get the credit and the entourage. You all know this. We are never getting respect out of the media until we have beaten them to death. Reputations are built on rings. I thought the rest of you would have learned that by now after Yao and TMac.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Uhm if we win a championship, I don't care who we put out on the court for the next 5-7 years..hell bring back Ryan Bowen..

16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

We got Barkley to beat the Sonics. No '97 WCF without him. Rockets lost 13 in a row to the Sonics before Barkley's debut against them.

Smacktle likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Eddie Cecco >>>>> _holic + ro4christ + shaun11 + xxxxxxxx

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Sorry for you loss, LeBron!

Enjoy your daily beef with Lavar while you babysit all three of his kids on the court.

BIG BRON BRAND.

Smacktle, bilaal14, jevjnd and 4 others like this.
  19. Classic

Classic Member

Welp, looks like Lebron not coming here. Maybe he joins GS to help push them over the top next yr

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If we win the championship I don't give a shet about anything anymore lol.