1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry TCU fans =(

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tierre_brown, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/34848232

17 students campus wide arrested, 4 football team members, all are supposed to be drug dealers. Welcome to the Big12?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gotta eat right?

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

In b4 "NCAA should pay it's players so they don't have to sell drugs"

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If these guys worked .00001% as hard as Jeremy Lin they wouldn't have to sell drugs.

1 person likes this.
  5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

And there goes TCU's street cred

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yup. Looking back on it there is a bit of truth in the statement though.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

One impact player gone. 3 marginals. As embarrassing as it is, at least they were all expelled and kicked off the team immediately as opposed to "keep playing and use the have their day in court" excuse.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Their individual lack of character might have more to do with it than poor work ethic. They'd still be unpaid as student athletes, and they're probably god-awful students with no job prospects because of how hard they've been working since freshman year of high school (or probably even junior high). Competitive football at a D-1A school is a completely different animal from a conditioning, preparation and even player retention standpoint than basketball at an Ivy.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

How 'bout the ol' "minor league amateur sports should be restricted to trade schools and police and military leagues because four-year colleges shouldn't need tailgates to prove their worth to conspicuously consuming middle-class teenagers in a specialized service and information-based economy" meme?

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We were talking about it in the Big 12 thread. Those students are complete morons.

I think it was last year, where 19 students were busted in the same manor at Stephen F Austin.

#11 Uprising, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  12. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Reports are 82 football players failed a drug test administered on February 1.

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Being a student at TCU I can attest to the pulse of the campus right now. Here it sucks that it happens but the players and students involved deserve what they are getting. TCU administration is very transparent and Chancellor Boschini has done a great job with this and making this an example to show this is not acceptable by athletes or any TCU students. Honestly, it really hasn't changed anything here since, like Boschini said, "99.9% of the students are doing the right thing." It's a shame that this happened but in the end the school and administration is handling this the right way and will only make this institution better.

14. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

:eek: Rich kids do drugs!?!?

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It is very sad to think that one of those players is from my hometown. The kid was one of only two people from my high school that went on to play Div 1-a football since 2000.

Very disappointing

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They need to strike weed from the drug tests. I'd like to see how many fare on an alcohol test.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Keep your kids away from DFW brah. Only bad will come from it.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I think that guy was just a mad bro...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story...rs-tested-positive-mar1juana-according-report

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i've heard from very good sources that this whole thing was pretty much run by a bunch of your standard super wealthy white frat kids and the players essentially got popped bc they bought and then flipped less than an ounce of weed.