1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Warriors aren’t buying that Harden’s eye is “extremely hurt”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, May 3, 2019.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

If I was them, I wouldn't believe it either, even if it is likely that it's bothering him. Gotta keep that focus up

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m not buying that they are the best team ever assembled

dachuda86, Mazulis, arubato and 20 others like this.
  5. Mr Chuck Norris

I don't buy Steph/Klay ankle was hurt either

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

uh huh. but whenever steph has a bad game it's because he has a bad ankle.

#6 fallenphoenix, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    dachuda86, Mazulis, tc0330 and 11 others like this.
  7. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

The warriors injure a guy then make fun of him. But Rockets represent things that are wrong? @chrisbroussard

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow, everyone knows it’s a different type of concentration at the line and when you take that second to calm down you will allow yourself to notice things. In the flow and speed of the game you just keep going.

It’s time to take the Warriors down a peg and I want to see some physical play and hard fouls. If the Rockets go out like softies then they will lose my respect.

9. smp

smp Member

If the Rockets don't retaliate then yeah, we represent something wrong. We need to quit being p*****s. These guys have undercut Harden and raked across both of his eyes. When are our players going to respond appropriately?

We need some "accidents" too. Oops, diving for the ball Harden accidentally rolled up on Curry's ankles. Guarding KD Tucker accidentally tripped and fell into his knees. Nene came down with a rebound and accidentally cut Donkey's forehead open with an elbow.

I know we don't have a MadMax, Artest, PatBev, OT, Olajuwan (yes he was a mean MF'er back in the day) type of player, but someone needs to take on that role. It's necessary. GS knows it. They are doing it to us.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

11. rockets13champs

You have no idea how bad I wanna beat these assholes.

12. dwhite

dwhite Member

I love Harden but agree he was being a bit dramatic especially in the post game interview. Doubt we will retaliate. Fans should retaliate against MDA for playing Shumpert and benching the Manimal.

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player who seems to be a really a good dude get so much flack in the media and from opposing players as Harden does. I don't understand it.

It's not like he's out there trashing other players or their game, not making burner accounts on twitter to argue with fans, he's not screaming at officials like Donkey does...but other guys just trash him constantly. Even coaches (well, only Kerr comes to mind) attack him in the media. The guy doesn't even retaliate and talk trash back.

I just don't get it.

B-Bob, RayRay10, ChumpCity and 9 others like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sad part is that if the roles were reversed and one of our guys drew blood off of Curry's eye they would probably get ejected. You know we can't retaliate without hurting our team even more. We can't afford to lose guys off of ejections. Besides, we don't need to hurt people to win. That's just thug mentality.

Now if you say an eye for an eye, then sure, I think Draymond needs taken down, Klay needs undercut so he falls and breaks an ankle like he knew he could do undercutting James, and Curry and Kerr just need punched in their smirking mouths for being so arrogant and dispespectful about us.

#14 deb4rockets, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Voltik and OldYelllowDog like this.
  15. HookemHorns1250

Meanwhile, Curry comes back in, hits a few threes, then shakes his hand showing that it's still bothering him. Not saying that he's not hurting, but the hypocrisy is amazing.

16. HookemHorns1250

I don't think they would be ejected, but I do think the news coverage the next day would be "The heroics of Steph Curry coming back after a bleeding eye." With Harden however...the narrative some how goes back to he has to get it done.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares?

DD

arubato and tinman like this.
  18. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Remember when Curry screamed “I’m back” I’m the playoffs after having a good game then struggled mightily after because he “wasn’t at 100%”?

I’ve never seen so many hypocrites on one team.

BigM, don grahamleone and BigggReddd like this.
  19. smp

smp Member

Haha!!!!

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I am with you there.

People who aren't Rockets fans and from Houston really don't care about our team or players. I don't know why anything anyone outside our city says is surprising. We don't have any sympathy for their players either...LOL.