1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah yeah dismiss reality some more.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Facts aren't things you pull out of your ass.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This isn't the fault of any single president nor any single government policy. But it screams out that there is a need to help people in countries have a better life so they won't believe its worth their lives to come here...

4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here are the facts that white nationalists like @Senator and @dachuda86 don't want you to know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

Let's just call Trump's fight against illegals what it is: racism.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

House Democrats, backed into political corner, cave on border funding deal

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday abandoned efforts to pass a $4.5 billion border funding bill laced with progressive provisions after facing opposition from the Senate and her own moderate wing.

The decision came after Pelosi, D-Calif., was assured during a phone call with Vice President Mike Pence that the administration would add extra funding to aid migrant children held at border shelters.

The House will instead vote on a bipartisan $4.6 billion Senate bill that passed 84-8 on Wednesday.

The Senate bill also includes money for Immigration and Customs Enforcement and extra funding for the military to send troops to the border.

Progressives are staunchly opposed to ICE and military funding because they oppose efforts to either stem the massive influx of illegal immigrants at the southern border, or efforts to deport those who have remained here illegally.

9. NewRoxFan

trump, his admin, and his supporters are attempting to blame the parents... but their own homeland security and border experts are placing the blame on trump's metering policy...

Ken Cuccinelli: Father, Daughter Who Died In Rio Grande ‘Didn’t Want To Wait’
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ken-cuccinelli-oscar-valeria-alberto-martinez-ramirez-rio-grande

10. conquistador#11

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

Such a hard worker... only had two things on his schedule, and he canceled the immigration meeting with (republican) congressmen so the only thing trump did today was watch fox & friends, tweet and eat lunch...

13. NewRoxFan

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for clearing this up. Much better.

If they didn't understand the legal requirement for Asylum then they deserved to die.

Let's not worry about that anymore. Case closed.

juicystream and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

o'reilley bloviates a story that at best misleads if not lies... but hey, its his "no-spin" effort to support trump's nationalist immigration laws...

16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

I guess trump's expensive vanity wall isn't needed:

Heh...

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump sure curb stomped the libs on this one!

Instead of passing something, all we got are cruel and sadistic detention centers that makes gitmo interrogators blush at the treatment of non-citizens.

America is Great!

God is Great!

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wow, the range of views from thread posters is incredible. There are rational paths to legal immigration and some views that are over the top (both pro and con. However, I think all of us agree that a resolution is critical. I apologize for abandoning the thread for so long but I had some major health issues with wihich to deal, including losing my left leg. It took a little time but now I can, once again, walk normally and even climb stairs thanks to my prosthetic (nicknamed Spike because saying prosthetic repeatedly is too tough on the tongue).

Maybe it is time to start a new thread where all interested posters enter their immigration solutions and prohibitions.

Thumbs now believes 1) a physical or electronic wall is necessary (a change in my thinking); 2) free health care and education should be denied to illegal immigrations; and 3) fines of $1,000 per illegal worker per week on emplo.yers who hire them outside the e-verify laws; 4) fines of $1,000 per illigal immigration housed in their apartment or other leased dwelling.

I can't believe how harsh and ugly that sounds, especially for those of you who know I am Hispanic. However, I am a U.S. citiizen first. Because we as a nation have done virtually nothingj, we are importing trouble on a daily basis.

Agreements? Refutations? Thoughts?

I love humor but this is too sad a topic for jokes. I want to see an end to opioid deaths; the misery caused by human trafficing (the polite way of saving slavery.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You mean the ones that started under obama.