1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Step one: Become a political spy

Step two: Infiltrate opposition party

Step three: Fail and hide from D&D hoping everyone forgot

mtbrays and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

That is not the reason I took a break, but I will say that I needed it. The rest (pun intended) is personal.

Now, both parties spy on each other. However, Democrats took it to new levels when Obama sent the NSA and FBI to wiretap James Rosen's telephones (including those of his parents) and then later used the FBI and Justice Department to spy on the Republican Party and then Presidential candidate Donald Trump. The emails and other evidence are coming out to prove even greater criminal activity that should frighten politicians of every stripe. The whole Obama presidency will go down in history as a dark stain on U.S. history..

cml750 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, they'll overlook all of that. Obama's legacy was set the day he won the election, he's the first black president thus nothing he did wrong will matter. I mean, he won a Nobel prize just for being elected, I think that says it all. Merit won't come into the equation at all.....because, as some crazy extremists these days are fond of saying, merit is merely a construct born of white supremacy....no I'm not kidding there are knuckle draggers who actually believe this.

cml750 and thumbs like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bb
    You do know that the FBI isn't micromanaged the by the president and that any search warrant were signed by federal judges who were not even appointed by Obama.

The President apponts a director and gives general guidlines to the FBI.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump continues to sell his trump vanity wall. Something he says will cost very little (estimates $25-30 BILLION and growing). Despite the fact that the majority of undocumented immigrants come travel by plane and through customs... not by land. The wall is a huge waste of money, but trump is only thinking of himself.

Visa Overstays Outnumber Illegal Border Crossings, Trend Expected to Continue
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino...der-crossings-trend-expected-continue-n730216

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I have said before... the guts are not reliable. This is borderline tin hat material.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Almost none of what you posted actually even happened. Obama didn't cause any of that to happen. You are either believing things that aren't true, or are misinformed about how warrants work, and what evidence is need to get those warrants.

8. Amiga

Supporting Member

He also authorized our government separating children from parent and as a result of that, also detaining tender age children.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just hire thousands of undocumented workers and illegal immigrants to build the wall. Save tons of money on labor. Just make sure they are on the Mexico side when they finish the build.

Nook, conquistador#11 and Amiga like this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, thumbs will still be treated with an odd amount of respect from certain posters for his delusional opinions that he cherrypicks from righteous corners of the Internet.

TheFreak likes this.
  11. Amiga

Supporting Member

If it’s a 20 years project, it will likely work.

12. Amiga

Supporting Member

I'm a bit surprise at these number. Maybe some of the if Trump support it, I don't is in effect. But then, if you look at the trend, support has been around or above 60% for the last 15 years.

Clearly, the admin is at odd with the public here, with their push against all immigration.

Despite the contentious political climate, 75 percent of Americans think immigration, in general, is good for the nation, according to Gallup, which surveyed more than 1,500 adults during the first two weeks of June.

Among Democrats and those who lean toward the party, 85 percent viewed immigration positively, compared with 65 percent of Republicans and those who lean Republican.

When asked their thoughts about “legal immigration” specifically, even more Americans, about 84 percent, said it was good for the country.

13. Amiga

Supporting Member

So, what's actually happening on the ground...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/border-trump-immigration.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

BROWNSVILLE, Tex. — The mayor of this Texas border city has been dealing with a crisis.

This week, he declared a state of emergency. Drones filled the skies and emergency vehicles raced down the streets. But none of it had anything to do with illegal immigration.

It had to do with the weather.

A severe thunderstorm caused widespread flooding throughout the Rio Grande Valley in recent days. That other crisis — the one President Trump says has been unfolding on the border because of illegal immigration — is largely a fiction, the mayor, Tony Martinez, and other Brownsville residents and leaders said.

“There is not a crisis in the city of Brownsville with regards to safety and security,” said Mr. Martinez, who has lived in Brownsville since the late 1970s. “There’s no gunfire. Most of the people that are migrating are from Central America. It’s not like they’re coming over here to try to take anybody’s job. They’re trying to just save their own lives. We’re doing fine, quite frankly.”

Mr. Martinez is a Democrat in a mainly conservative state, and many Republicans in Texas, like Mr. Trump, have raised an alarm over the numbers of migrants still flowing into Texas. But there is evidence, in federal data and on the ground in places like Brownsville that the immigration crisis Mr. Trump has cited over the past week to justify the separation of families is actually no crisis at all.

There has been no drastic overall increase in the number of immigrants crossing the border, and while the rugged frontier along the Rio Grande Valley has long been a transit point for drugs and the trouble that goes along with them, the violence of Mexico’s drug wars seldom spills into the United States.

“There’s this misconception that we’re in this lawless land, and it’s the wild, wild frontier, and it’s not,” said the Brownsville police chief, Orlando C. Rodriguez. “We see actually a downward trend in crime in Brownsville over the past few years, and the numbers are just getting better every year.”

“To say that illegals are running around in Brownsville causing problems, we just don’t see it,” the chief said.

In Nogales, Ariz., which borders and shares its name with a Mexican city, the number of violent crimes plummeted by more than 70 percent from 1997 to 2016. Similar trends can be seen in San Luis, Somerton and Yuma. The overall crime rate in Arizona has also dropped by more than a third from 1993 to 2016. During that same time, the state’s undocumented-immigrant population more than doubled, according to the Pew Research Center.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason you are surprised is because you conflate immigration with illegal immigration. Nearly everyone is in favor of immigration just like the vast majority are against illegal immigration. The nativists and open borders advocates are nothing but the fringe extremists.

cml750 likes this.
  15. Amiga

Supporting Member

I was talking about immigration in general and specifically about legal immigration, which is why I posted an article about immigration in general and specifically about legal immigration.

p.s. to help you:

Despite the contentious political climate, 75 percent of Americans think immigration, in general, is good for the nation, according to Gallup, which surveyed more than 1,500 adults during the first two weeks of June.

Among Democrats and those who lean toward the party, 85 percent viewed immigration positively, compared with 65 percent of Republicans and those who lean Republican.

When asked their thoughts about “legal immigration” specifically, even more Americans, about 84 percent, said it was good for the country.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right and I'm explaining to you why you shouldn't have been surprised by the results, almost no one is against immigration and most of those you likely thought were against immigration were really just against illegal immigration and you didn't realize the difference

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What does the law say about due process for people who cross over the border illegally?

Does it mean that a person who is caught crossing illegally cannot be immediately sent back across the border without a trial? That seems strange to me, particularly if they are caught in the act or if they are not contesting the charge that they illegally entered the country.

Immediate deportation and directing them to instead enter through an official port of entry if they wish to claim asylum seems fair to me. Can someone explain why that wouldn’t be constitutional?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The courts have ruled that illegal immigrants are allowed due process, but if you catch them in the act and allow them to avoid prosecution by agreeing to immediately return then there would be nothing wrong with it. That type of thing want even counted as a deportation until Obama wanted to inflate his numbers.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Okay?

I assume you are talking about the same James Rosen that met with Stephen Jin-Woo Kim?

Rosen met with and received classified national security information from Kim. Rosen was not authorized to receive the information and Kim was not authorized to disclose the information. Hell, Kim was already under investigation and that is how Rosen became involved.

Further, the NSA and FBI had to receive approval from a Court (with a Judge not appointed by Obama) to monitor/wire tap Rosen.

Let's also not forget that this involved information on North Korea.

Obama didn't sign off on anything, and investigating someone that received classified national security information from Kim seems very reasonable.

Like what?

Donald Trump will go down in history as the worst president in modern history.

Just because you state it will happen doesn't mean it will happen or there is even a basis. An opinion is like an *******, everyone has one.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Aha... who knew it could be s simple?