1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So this has all been a giant failure?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, May 29, 2019.

1. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

I guess morey is giving up. Sure seems like it. No matter who we can get for cp3 it sets us back. We are no longer a contender. Maybe we never really were.

Its almost like he should have listened to the few really really smart posters here, the geniuses i think their called.

O'well

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Morey has given it two seasons and realizes there is no getting over the hurdle of GSW with the current core. The Kings tried minor tweaks for years and never overcame the Lakers in the early 2000s. No point thinking we'll be any different with who we've got.

I am glad he is cutting the cord and looking at a radical overhaul. Frankly, I hope everyone is on the table - even James if the price is right.

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

We were a contender last year, that was our only hope. We had one year window due to the dominance of GS.

saleem and RyanB like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that's a total falsehood.

If you get back a quality 3 or 4 …. You are probably a better TEAM … even if you don't have as much "Talent".

Cp3 is a terrible FIT next to Harden. Both need the ball to be effective and neither of them play particularly well off the ball.

You find a quality forward to put next to Harden with a defensive minded point guard who shoots a high percentage from 3 - Players that compliment Harden - You are significantly better than Harden & CP3.

CP3 doesn't make Harden better , he just substitutes for him occasionally. Its one or the other not both making an impact.

gotsis, Fiah, RyanB and 7 others like this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxtkps7s

Rockets have had James for 7 years, and have put 2 great players around him. I think they should look to move him. I know there gonna be a lot of hate on that but still you could get 2 good players and picks for him. If you can get Jalen Brown, Hayward, Baynes, and there 3 2019 firsts #14, #20 #22 .

Just let james walk. This would be the absolute way to rebuild now on the fly and still maybe make the playoffs. The rockets can also trade Capela Paul, and Gordon to surround Brown and Hayward with Talent. Tucker would be a vet you would need to keep.

Celtics would be damn near scary thou...
    I see Irving reuping if harden is traded to boston. That and because Tatum will still be there.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Morey dumped Ryan Anderson and Royce White. He's getting something for CP3 - - - TRUST ME!!

RyanB likes this.
  7. varughese.arun

I love Daryl Morey but...Daryl Morey ****ed up. Questionable decisions including: getting MELO, thinking CP3 was the missing piece, giving away PICKS FOR SHUMPERT!

Hoping he can work some magic in the off-season.

In Morey We Trust

Highlyrated likes this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

So instead of having one of the best players in the game and come into the league every season as one of the very few teams considered contenders, you’d rather a team of good players and picks that may turn into decent players to maybe grab a lower seed and early exit every year?

Why?

superfob, gotsis, Bengchu and 7 others like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all. Bad timing in the grand scheme. Harden is improving. Hakeem didnt win until his age 30 season. Lets see what james can do. He is an all time great on the rise.

BigggReddd, Ramo$e, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

All of this because of a Woj article that said "the Rockets are aggressively trying to get better, and that might even be trading CP3"

We were never contenders? One win away from the Finals?
    And now Woj says we are aggressively looking at anything possible to get better (the opposite of giving up) and you are all saying we are giving up?

Man get out of here with this.

gotsis, Bengchu, javal_lon and 4 others like this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well Jay brown gonna be the next jason richardson high scorer, not much a drop off in scoring, Hayward is good, Your also getting 3 possible good 1st round picks to surround your team, and what players you get from trades from paul, gordon and capela,

I think you can have a nice 8-9 man rotation (young some vets bench that are decent) that would eventually be really good. Just saying.. To me better than the james harden and broke down paul show for next 3 years with houston just getting worse every year. Next year it might be 1st round exit, with paul not here.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

As I’ve said in the past, case(s) of unfortunate circumstances.

Dwight Howard was probably considered one of the best centers in his day when the Rockets acquired
    him, unfortunately roles/values of Centers diminished almost instantly thereafter.

CP3 is considered one of the best point guards (taking out health stability) currently, but right on cue the
    league decides to enforce, “the freedom of movement” rule which makes things difficult for a 6’0” PG
    on a switch everything defense. Took a lot away from his offense-energy wise and forced the Rockets
    to constantly send defensive help. Exposing weaknesses elsewhere in the defense.

I can’t fault Morey......I would have made the same deals at the times. Would love to bring back Beverley/Harrell.
    Enforcement of the “Freedom of Movement,” rule after we extended the CP3 contract is just further evidence
    of the league/media conspiracy against the Rockets. If CP3 goes to the Lakers or Knicks, the league
    would conveniently relax on the rule enforcement........Jerks.

I wouldn’t say it has been a “Giant Failure.” Rockets can roll this into another contender still if played right.

#12 ApacheWarrior, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    PhiSlamma15, Red.Glare and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Next year could be a 1st Rd Exit if we face Golden State then, or could be a conference finals depending on seeding seeing that no team seems headed to be better than us yet. And I’d rather try again with Harden and this roster than with the next Jason Richardson and Hayward and Baynes

superfob and Ramo$e like this.
  14. Garner

Garner Member

Are you a celtics fan? This is an outrageously laughable trade.

I'd trade Harden for about 4 players....AD, Zion, Durant, and Giannis.....and you're trying to flip him for Jalen Brown....? wtf?

Ramo$e and majicdonjuan like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

The corpse of tmac netted us Kevin Martin. I ain’t worried

Ramo$e and Jontro like this.
  16. smp

smp Member

We do not want to go back to the Kevin Martin years. No way. You keep building around Harden until he's a dried up old corpse.

We have to keep drafting players and groom them while Harden is playing though. Learn from the Spurs. They don't sell out the future for the present. They have remained in striking distance since the Admiral was there. They keep drafting. They keep developing players. They have down years here and there but they are always dangerous. If KL hadn't demanded a trade they would still be championship contendors right now.

I would consider trading away some combination of CP3, EG, Tucker, and Capela for young talent. The key is Morey needs to identify the right talent and the coaches need to develop it. That also means MDA would habe to coach and use his timeouts. Lol

saleem, xaos, Highlyrated and 2 others like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have a feeling that Morey is trying to pair up Durant with Harden.

If that means losing CP, so be it.

18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

You'd never know it listening to some of the posters here. I swear some believe that rebuilding is easy peasy and superstars just fall into your laps.

smp likes this.
  19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, because every team that doesn't win it all is a total failure.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully trade prospects are blinded by name-value and don't realize the regression of his defense. Paul can't stay in front of anyone with decent quickness and his offense has declined as well... AND, he's been injury prone for most his career. He got his current contract based on a promise, not production. Trading him seems a miracle.