1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much for Russia - liberal US media outlets a slave to CCP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Six years ago, Bloomberg News killed an investigation into the wealth of Communist Party elites in China, fearful of repercussions by the Chinese government. The company successfully silenced the reporters involved. And it sought to keep the spouse of one of the reporters quiet, too.

"They assumed that because I was the wife of their employee, I was the wife," the author and journalist Leta Hong Fincher tells NPR. "I was just an appendage of their employee. I was not a human being."

Fincher is married to the journalist Mike Forsythe, a former Beijing correspondent for Bloomberg News who now works at The New York Times. In 2012, Forsythe was part of a Bloomberg team behind an award-winning investigation into the accumulation of wealth by China's ruling classes.

Winkler suggested reporters could find a uniquely "Bloomberg" way to cover the wealth of Chinese ruling elites. But he added a caution about covering the regime.

"It has to be done with a strategic framework and a tactical method that is ... smart enough to allow us to continue and not run afoul of the Nazis who are in front of us and behind us everywhere," Winkler said, according to the audio reviewed by NPR and verified by others. "And that's who they are. And we should have no illusions about it."

At the time, two Bloomberg editors told NPR the story didn't run because it needed additional reporting. Winkler publicly said much the same. But these audio recordings reveal otherwise. They also show how much newsroom leaders were worried about losing lucrative business in China.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not to derail your thread but the whole world is/was a money slave before covid. I hope the important folks are woke now (like Morey was before) and that you dance with the devil you gonna get burned.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are the new nazis. Red Fascism is alive and well in the CCP hellscape.

ipaman likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look over here... blame them.... Don't look here... .Don't take responsibility here.

Rinse repeat

(American first amirite)

FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also I missed the part where Bloomberg won the nomination and wasn't sent home in a massive rebuke. One of the last nails in the coffin with Bloomberg was during the debate when he sent alarm bells ringing over his inability to criticize China.

Thank you Elizabeth Warren once again.

FranchiseBlade likes this.