1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So how is Melania's anti-cyberbullying campaign going?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jul 3, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

· Melania Trump said in the past that as first lady, she would focus on issues including eliminating cyber bullying.
    Since Donald J Trump's election, he has become the de facto CyberBully-in-chief

recent eg of cyber bullying by the POTUS

insulting a female anchor by lying that she had a face lift

·

inciting violence---body slamming/punching--against a Cable network

Talk is cheap, like he husband, the FLOTUS can't walk the talk !

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Both sides are equally to blame for this. Trump and the MSM. Dunno what more you can get out of this.

Trump should've been the bigger man and not get involved in these stupid, petty squabble with these media folks who are clearly egging him to retaliate. How about the MSM go and report their news OBJECTIVELY and Trump goes and get the damn healthcare bill straightened out? Win win win for everyone.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump will get the health care bill straightened out...

K...

Like I don't even need to provide commentary to show how absurd that statement is.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

News and media has always been critical and poke fun at POTUS since they existed. Comes with the territory.

When has Trump ever been a bigger man? He's a child with under-developed emotion, who happen to be POTUS :eek:

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

On topic, if sincere, that's an impossible job for FLOTUS. We literally have a bully-in-chief and is proud of being one with strong supports from his base for being that way.

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Completely missed my overall point of the post but okay. If it makes you happier, next time, I'll write something like, "Trump should get on with whatever it is he needs to do as the POTUS."

Gonna make a note of that somewhere.

Here, I thought the news media outlets are suppose to be reporting stuff that are going on in the world. Yes, you can be critical if he's not doing something but poke fun? Seems like that will take the objectivity out of news reporting?

I'm not here to defend his Twitter rants. On the contrary, I was suggesting that he shouldn't be tangled up with petty feuds and should just go about and do the best job for the American people. In turn, I would like the media to stop egging and goading him on as it's getting nowhere on issues that are important to the country. The only winners in all this is the media and the American people are still on square 1 with the many unresolved issues.

My apologies if this message wasn't conveyed clearly in my original post.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When the media criticized Obama (or any other president) no one seemed to complain. But now that Trump is here, seems that criticizing him is a crime and Trump needs to beat anyone up.

First rule of the totalitarian playbook: attack the media as unfair and biased against you. Then you can dismantle it.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reporting the truth is egging him on. That's the problem. He's a thin skinned ignorant buffoon who thinks twitter fights are modern Presidential. On top of that, he's a piece of **** human being.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't know why, but somehow out of all of the constant Trump nonsense that this is Melania's top agenda item leaves me the most befuddled. Every time it hits the news I have to stop and scratch my head at it all over again.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In this day and age, it's actually a noble and timely platform. Unfortunately, she is married to a big offender.

12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

btw, since Melania didn't have anything to do with the development of "bebest" I don't hold any ill will towards her... and actually, like the speech she gave, she is going to get grief for the misdoings of people in trump's administration.

I do like this tweet...

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I completely agree that it's a timely and worthwhile cause. Your 2nd point though is what leaves me incredulous.

#14 arkoe, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...HA!

...how's this for "cultural appropriation"...?....