1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So help me, if I had a taser..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, it's just time to vent. (It helps if you can read this while imagine it being spoken aloud by Denis Leary)

There are two groups of people who might end up on the news, as having been randomly TASED by an enraged citizen.

Who are these people, these creatures, these.. blights upon the Earth?

They behave similarly, so they may be related, but they are still distinct groups.

The first group - Redbox Browsers.

Yes, you know who I am talking about: it's 8:30 at night, you have just run up to Walgreen's or whatever, to return a movie you rented yesterday - only to find one or more Redbox Browsers, casually taking their sweet time, BROWSING through page after page of movies, WHICH THE BOX DOESN'T EVEN HAVE IN STOCK! Often it is some dreamy young couple in their mid-twenties, having long intense conversations about each potential movie they could share together, to enrich their lives.. as they browse, browse, BROWSE.. or just as bad, the odd desperate dude frantically tapping, page after page, reading each movie description, with the intensity of someone trying to take the SAT Test with a gun pointed at his head. No matter what flavor of Redbox Browser you encounter, inevitably, it will eventually blink its eyes, slowly turn, realize five people are waiting in line behind it, shrug and walk away from the machine, WITHOUT RENTING ANYTHING.

TASE. TASE! TASE YOU!! I WILL TASE YOU!!

The second group - Soda Dispenser Loungers

You know these people too. You just placed your order at Whataburger or whatever, or maybe you just need a quick refill, you take your nice orange styrofoam cup, and head over to fill it with Diet Dr. Pepper or whatever, but you can't get to the machine because it is blocked by a freaking SODA DISPENSER LOUNGER.

This despicable affront to humanity has a hard time deciding what soda he or she wants to drink this day. Eventually he decides, but then, oh he MUST wait for the foam to die down, so he can add another milligrams of fizzy goodness to his cup. And then of course he needs to add a lid to his cup, because he might SPILL you know? But he has no idea what SIZE LID HE NEEDS, so of course he tries the smallest one first, which never fits. Then he decides to try the bigger size, but those lids all seem to be stuck together, so it takes him longer to get them separated so he can give THAT one a try too. Finally he will get the lid fastened on correctly, and now obviously he needs a STRAW TOO, and so he manages to extract a straw from the dispenser, taps it slowly on the counter, peels the paper from the straw, wads it in a little ball, tosses it into the mini-garbage hole thing, then tries to figure out how to insert the straw through the little hole in the lid. Then he takes a sip, to make sure everything is juuuuust right. He does this all while standing DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE SODA DISPENSER SO NOBODY ELSE CAN GET TO THE MACHINE.

And, just as it appears he has finally finished his routine, he has to REPEAT THE PROCESS THREE MORE TIMES, FOR HIS WIFE AND HIS TWO STUPID KIDS!!!

TASE YOU!! TASE YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!!

Gahhhhhh!!!

What the HECK is wrong with those people?? The utter lack of common sense, of having ANY awareness of what is going on around them, of having ANY consideration for other people!!!! I swear, if I had a taser, there would be some fools convulsing on the floors of some restaurants, and on the sidewalks outside McDonald's and Walgreen's everywhere!!!

Whew, ok I feel slightly better now, rant over, carry on.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dont tase me bro

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'd tase people who thought the world revolved around them while whining about people who think the world revolves around them.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

i didn't get that from him. It's frustrating to be behind in a line when someone is taking an excessive amount of time when there are people behind them waiting.

except the part about insulting the kids. Not cool

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm completely oblivious to your plight. I don't think I've ever walked into a fast food place before.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

TSSWTRM
    too short still waiting to read more

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can relate to the first scenario. Can't stand that sh**.

The second one, not so much. I just boss hawg between the person(s) "lounging" around the soda dispenser refill me up and get to moving.

You should try the second one some day, really gratifying. Not sure how to nullify the first one without tasing em.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't really have experience with either of the two situations but you shouldn't let other people rustle your jimmies so often like that.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Since I keep my home movie-watching experience pretty much limited to Netflix, and I don't eat fast food, I don't have many tales to tell about these supposed mouth-breathers.

If we're reserving this thread for relatively minor things that make us irrationally angry though, I do think there is a special place in hell for people who "watch" TV or movies as a social activity, but then just spend the entire time on their phone doing God knows what. Don't invite me over to watch a Rockets game, or for movie night, and then when I make a comment about what's going on, have NO clue what I'm talking about because you've been playing Crossy Roads for the last 20 minutes. Either focus your ADD-riddled mind on what we're watching (since you're the host and you invited me over), or don't invite people over since you know you're just going to be rude anyways. I have a friend who does this constantly, to the point now where if we're all watching a game together, we actually prank him by all freaking out at the same time (usually about nothing), and then when he looks up from his phone and asks us to rewind it, we refuse.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I usually just say excuse me and get in there. *shrug*

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pietro?

Rocket River

12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I'd like to tase each of those aholes #blackbrunch for interrupting my meal when I was in the West coast. I was the only one in the place who yelled back at them, the rest of the patrons were too chicken **** to even utter a sound. What they are doing is against the law but now a day, people are just too scared to be called racists.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My wife just ordered 5 tasers and 4 pepper sprays for 84.00 on Craig's List.

A little more lethal than our Clutch Kitties. :cool:

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

That's a good deal. Does Craig's List deliver your order faster than Amazon? I have Amazon Prime so I get most shipments within 2 days.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

They will be here no later than Saturday. Of course I already have the Clutch Kitties in my possession. ;)

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

So this Redbox dispenses physical copies of films that you have to physically return? You have to wait in line to rent these movies which are often out of stock?

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I do not sympathize with you about redbox bescause its a terrible machine, however the fiz i can! Seems like your rant as well as mine share the same point.....AWARENESS!

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I'm with you on the redbox. Browse movies or choose your movie on your phone or computer before you get to the damn machine.:mad:

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N7vCww3j2-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

You should find out those persons' CF handles and neg rep them.