1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Snoop rips Clippers and praises the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Snoop has a point...Lakers can be trash, Clippers can be good, and the Lakers will still get 50x more coverage and attention...same with the Nets in comparison to the Knicks

nobody cares about the Clippers or Nets

I’ve seen some people say that KD should consider BK instead of the Knicks because they’re a much better organization and don’t have Dolan, but I see no way he ever does that...winning with the Nets would never come close to the impact that winning for the Knicks would have

Nets were dead last in attendance this year, and the Clippers were 20th...Knicks with their sh*tty team getting blown out every game were 9th

when I’m in NY, seeing someone rocking Nets gear is as rare as seeing a black person at a Utah Jazz home game

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Snoop was always someone's "little brother", not much of his own stuff. That's why he hates Clippers.

3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

It doesn’t even make sense for the Clippers to be in LA. They will always be the opening act for the Lakers. Balmer should move the team to Seattle.

BallSoHarden and Blurr#7 like this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

Leaving the LA market would be a horrific mistake for any franchise.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's tough though, considering the clippers wont ever be relevant enough so long as the lakers are around. so leaving isn't exactly the worst idea

Blurr#7 and Elephant810 like this.
  6. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Heck no, i am a consumer and i want options. Having two teams is good for the consumer. It provides more options. The clippers provide a good product for less money. Unlike the Buss family, Steve Ballmer is a legitimate billionaire who doesnt use the team as his finacial lifeline and gouges the fans every chance he gets. Unlike Rich Snoop Dogg. Many Laker fans cant afford lakers home games and watch the Lakers live only during Clippers home games. If their were only one team in LA the Lakers would jack up the prices up even more and price out more fans ala the Warriors and their soon to be new arena in San Fran.

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  7. jacoby

jacoby Member

I don't think Sterling nets $2 billion if he's selling a Seattle-market team compared to an LA market team. I also don't think Balmer or the Clippers organization cares all that much about living in the Laker's shadow so long as they garner interest from superstar free agents. If they keep stringing together years of competent management, they will continue to steal momentum from the Lakers. If LAL strikes out on the FA market (much more likely today than it was 8 months ago) then they will have a broken front-office and by the looks of it, a questionable coaching staff with a prima-donna superstar well past his prime.

The Clippers were living in the Lakers' shadow for decades because their front office sucks. Now it looks like they are the properly ran team in Los Angeles and the Lakers are a free-for-all. Even Zubac was saying how different the culture is between LAL and LAC.

BallSoHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

clippers will be lucky to even get an actual superstar to give them a visit tbh. these type of seasons are as good as it gets for them. its going to be a very long time til they get a team like a cp3,bg,dj etc together.

the lakers are a free for all and yet still remain more relevant in the eyes around. Even an aging lebron keeps them more relevant for the next couple years no matter how bad they are. No matter how bad the lakers are, their history will always just trump the clippers as far as relevance in LA

maybe sterling doesn't really care about all that. if he's just fine with just putting a decent team on the floor, being in the lakers shadow, and seesawing between a bottom playoff team or not, then it does work out for him.

#9 YOLO, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dumb, Clips overachieved and had a great season, trashing them for an underachieving Lakers squad who **** the bed as an organization building around Lebron is just embarrassing.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

But what does Ja Rule think?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Balmer should move that team and maybe change the name.
    Seattle would make perfect sense

Vegas has an incredible arena and they have been trying to get a team

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A few years ago, the Clippers were among the better teams in the West and the Lakers sucked. But the Lakers still got much more attention. Most Clippers fans I know are just Lakers haters. They root for the Clippers just to spite the Lakers. If I were an LA fan, I would do the same.

Elephant810 likes this.
  13. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

This Clippers team is pretty likable, a bunch of hard-working, scrappy guys who never quit.

That's a lot more than can be said of the sh**show the lakers have been for the past 5 years. Lakers fan at this point just picking on Clips cuz it makes them feel good.

Invisible Fan and Easy like this.
  14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

If the proposed arena deal in Inglewood goes through, that will make the situation a little better for the Clippers. Playing in the same arena as the Lakers doesn’t help the little brother image they have right now. If Inglewood doesn’t work out, maybe take a page from the Angels and move over to Anaheim

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

I was at Lakers forum. Lakers fans become GSW fans when Lakers lose. They don’t like clippers.

16. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Huh? Not even defending Snoop but where did you get that from? Him calling people lil nephew? You sound dumb lol.

17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Lol da fuq, not when they have a historic franchise that everyone in LA loves. For 90 percent of their time in LA they were the laughing stock of the league. Even during the heigh of Lob City Era, when the Lakers started to suck, most people were more concerned about when the Lakers would get better instead of paying attention to a damn good team in the Clippers. Plus, Steve Balmer is worth over 40 billion, which is why I highly doubt it would be a ‘horrific’ mistake to move them to Seattle, a big city with lots of rich people who love basketball.

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Sterling lol... is dude even alive? Banned for life from the NBA.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Snoop smoked himself stupid