1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(SI) Isiah blasts Magic Johnson over criticisms in forthcoming book

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Patience, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Link at SI.com

In the book, Magic criticizes Isiah over his handling of Magic's HIV, the Dream Team, and many others. Pretty juicy stuff...

#1 Patience, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Not sure which side's account is closer to the things that actually happened. But it definitely is some juicy stuff.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

before i click the link, i'm guessing isiah comments about steroids?...

possibly grapefruit?

4. showtang043

showtang043 Member

for the first timeI side with Isaiah, he declined to comment on the prospective issue before not taking it seriously bc as he said him and magic are friends even I saw them standing next to eachother in leaguepass back in the knicks games, so all these years he acts casual and now just keeps it from him and publishes it in a book instead of just going to him, i think this is sad behavior, Isaiah was an idiot GM, and he had a tough personality even as a player, but to be boycotted from USA behind his back and now magic denied it until a book, i dont know, gives me a bad taste in my mouth for magic regardless of how much i think Isaiah has been an idiot

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can't get the link to work

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Wow, it's really f'd up of Magic have been friendly with Isiah all these years and then to unload on him publicly in a book.

But it's hard for me to feel much sympathy for Isiah either.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Magic could have handled that like a man, as Isiah mentioned. That was wrong of him, Magic has been annoying me ever since he started showing up on TV with TNT

8. SunsRocketsfan

umm for those that cant figure out that the original link has an extra HTTP// in it click below..

Fixed Link

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

On one hand, kind of two-faced of Magic to act like the guy's friend all these years. But I guess that's over.

And yet, I can't believe any of Isiah's denials, and you KNOW that Magic's comment about the Dream Team was the straight-up truth. Behind Isiah's choir-boy smile and voice, you always know that he. Is. Just. Plain. Mean.

10. SunsRocketsfan

yeah pretty messed up if what Isaiah says is true. . I dont like Thomas at all he may be the worst GM in history.. but my view of Magic and Jordan changed a lot when I started reading more about them..
    Thomas is no saint either tho.. But hey they were all very competitive players and I wish some of our rockets had the same passion for winning and the game as those guys..

11. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Who the hell knows what actually goes on with these guys. Honestly, they sound like a bunch of 13 year old girls to me.

Seriously guys -- read this and just replace the names with girl's names. Sounds like something out of Degrassi.

"Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics. Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody.''

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I think the author just tell them to say things like that to sell the book.

cuz we're talkin about it

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I dunno. I always perceived Jackie Mcmullan to be above that kind of stuff. Then again, it's not like I know her personally...

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Isn't Magic busy with rentacenter?

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Thanks, sorry about the bad link. I fixed the link in the original post as well.

16. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

lol, I know. Look at this:

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

We did.

Hakeem was just as competitive and talented as these guys but without all the backstabbing and drama.

Hakeem is generally respected around the league and you wont find him taking shots at other players and vice versa.

We were lucky to have great player who is also a class act.

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

All I'm gonna say is they are BOTH in the same sexual boat, as far as I've heard. Chuck can't rightfully call MJ a gambling addict, ya know?

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

they both look the part. either way...back then you weren't get hiv in america from hetrosexual sex. you were a druggie or having homosexual sex. i don't care if someone decides to do either one but just be real about it.

20. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Quoted for truth.