1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Warriors consider trading Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, Apr 3, 2017.

1. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

I think Durant is holding the Warriors back and they know it. He prevents Curry from doing his thing and Curry is a proven champion while Durant is known to choke and play hero ball. His value is probably at an all time low.

Trade scenarios
    Ariza+Capela+Gordon 2 future first for Durant+Patrick McCaw

I think its a fair trade for both teams. Warriors get more three point shooting+defense+team ball and Rockets get their 2nd superstar next to Harden. What do you think?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u serious?

This is delusional. The Warriors aren't gonna trade KD, and if they ever did, they damn sure wouldn't be trading him to the Rockets of all teams for that weak package. KD is a top 5 player in the NBA, and we'd get him for Ariza, Gordon, Capela, and 2 useless 1st round picks? Even 2k would override that.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. Curry isn't exactly a shining star in the playoffs.
    Plus, KD isn't tradeable. He has an opt-out this summer, which one assumes he'd take if for no other reason than to get more money.

So I think this thread is not serious.

That aside, I do not completely disregard the fact hat there is a little bit of a non-fit with Curry/Klay/Green and KD. Nobodies fault, just the first three were the perfectly paired trio for the system implemented there. But they aren't the most recent champs, and they needed another guy like KD last year in the Finals. AND the trade proposed might actually make them better, lol. Well, not necessarily better. They've basically maximized the regular season. Sure, maybe a team comes by and wins 74 or 77 games one day. But that doesn't matter much. It's about the playoffs. In the playoffs, past failures aside, I'd rather have KD..... But i can see the scenario you proposed also working well in the playoffs for GSW.

4. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Did you see what the kings got for cousins? It is a fair trade. Capela has future all star potential. 15 and 10 and 2 blocks at worse in his prime and he is a great pick and role defender. Ariza is a top 5 3 and d guy and Gordon is a top 3 three point shooter. I didn't even mention the two future picks in a strong draft.

5. 1Deep

1Deep Member

So we trade 3 major pieces to our team & two first round picks for a dude who wouldn't even give us a sit down during free agency clearly letting us know he doesn't want to be here?

Nah I'm good.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

You can't compare KD to Cousins. 1st off, Sacramento is 1 of the dumbest organizations in the NBA while GS is 1 of the smartest. 2nd, KD>>>>>Cousins. Capela can barely be trusted to play 25 mpg. The Warriors are trying to win now, they don't have time to wait for Capela to develop. What strong draft are u talking about? The Rockets have no 1st rounder in this draft, and u have no idea how good the upcoming drafts will be. Also, 2 1st round picks from the Rockets is just useless. You're basically giving up the 28th or 29th pick in the draft. That has no value to a contender like GS.

What u proposed is not a fair trade at all. That's a trade where the Rockets make out like bandits.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He didn't say, "I'm serious." So he must be serious.

Yung-T and hakeem94 like this.
  8. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

Capela is only 22 years old averaging 19 12 and 2 per 36 minutes. Dude is a stud and will be a all star. Warriors would be more deadly with him gordon and ariza

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

lmao what the hell is this ? like why did you randomly just post this ?

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

so you want the warriors to be deadly while the Rockets take Durant since he's not a " proven winner" in the playoffs like you stated?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Durant can opt out after the playoffs.

If the Warriors want to trade him, he will just opt out and sign elsewhere.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would only trade Durant if you can get Rudy Gay straight up because they're on that same level

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This is a pretty random trade. I wish we had a thread for things like this....

Also, the deadline has passed, we don't have a first, and Durant is gonna opt out and so is pretty much not under contract at all. All of these make the scenario moot without even having to go into how far the value of Ariza, Gordon, and Capela is from that of Durant.

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Lmao!
    The real question is " should warriors trade Steph Curry"(to Houston).
    Clearly he is holding durantula,aka the servant, back.. #'s don't lie.

o_O

Shroopy2 likes this.
  15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

How are they going to trade him in April? LMFAO.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

delete this man.

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

Wow!

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

No if he holds them back like you suggest then let him screw them up!

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think OP is unaware that he can't wish things into existence by creating threads.

arabrocket likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ariza isn't a top 5 anything... Boy stop!