1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should there be an Impeachment Inquiry - 2nd Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Oct 21, 2019.

?

Should their be an Impeachment Inquiry

Poll closed Oct 31, 2019.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    97.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We had a first poll and showed significant support for the Impeachment Inquiry.

Do you still think it is worth the time? And if so, why?

Thanks for participating.

DD

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes of course. Let's look at him being a Russian asset though since that is the claim. Let's have a full investigation. That seems to be way more pressing than the Ukraine stuff.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's committed impeachable offenses without question. Will he get impeached? I don't see it happening.

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He might get impeached, but there is very slim chance he will get convicted by senate, I would put the odds at less than 1/1000.

Newlin, No Worries and Andre0087 like this.
  5. DaDakota

I think that depends upon the evidence uncovered, and public opinion, the Republicans don't like Trump any more than anyone else, but they are afraid of losing that support, if enough evidence is discovered, and the public opinion remains in favor of ousting him they will suddenly find their backbone.

IMHO, the Dems should be swift and thorough and put it to the Senate by Christmas.

DD

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

They have already confessed to high crimes and misdemeanors.

edwardc likes this.
  7. pirc1

The evidence is he did ask foreign government to help him by investigate potential political opponent, just like he did in 2016. However, I do not see more than 15 GOP senators crossing the line to convict him.

8. DaDakota

The Quid pro Quo admission has caused others to waiver, and as you get more and more testimony, and the news cycle continues to trend away from Trump and for Impeachment it will change.

Now if the trend goes back down a bit, then Impeach on what you have and send it to the Senate with what you have and focus on getting him out in 2020.

And hang the Senators who voted not to impeach out to dry as people who support party over the law/constitution.

DD

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The 2 arent mutually exclusive

Deckard likes this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

it's incredible how CNN and HuffPo can control the liberals' thoughts and emotions. They're convinced!

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't look at CNN or Huffpo.

I am going by the White House released transcript / summary and Mulvaney's admission.

And further corroborated by the diplomats.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

All of which are controlled by CNN. Depp state, bro. Deep state.

FranchiseBlade and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. No Worries

The House has started an Impeachment Inquiry. I will embrace that fact and vote yes.

Deckard, DaDakota and arkoe like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was my first thought, rendering the question moot, no?

15. No Worries

Moscow Mitch would have a vote, as the Senate heads for Christmas Break.

I think that there is little doubt that Moscow Mitch will sweep this as quickly as possible under the rug.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

its incredible that mueller can document 10 instances of obstruction of justice, trump can say on national tv that he fired comey to make the russia thing go away, he can pay off p*rn stars and get caught lying about it, call for russia to interfere in the 2016 election, withhold support to ukraine until they investigate his political rival, call for china to interfere in the 2020 election and have his acting chief of staff admit that the ukraine money was held up for political considerations and the republican suck-ups like yourself still defend him.

we all know that if obama had done just ONE of these things that you would be the loudest voice in the D&D calling for his immediate impeachment.

TDS is real and its on full display here with jorge

look how much trump has flipped yall on your core beliefs, values and principles.

the party of morals and family values now sucks up to someone who is on this 3rd marriage, brags about cheating on all his wives and paid off p*rn-stars that he had affairs with.

the pro-military party now sucks up to someone who attacks gold star families, lies to troops about pay increases and says POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured and now cuts and runs on our allies and leaves U.S. military to have to bomb its own supply depots to avoid them getting into hands of our enemies.

the party of of fiscal responsibility and conservative economic policy now supports protectionist trade policies, farm subsidies and tariffs.

the party of reagan is now the pro-russia / pro-autocrat party.

makes me think that yall never really had any core beliefs, values or principles to begin with...other than just being a partisan hack.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Maybe. Maybe no.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm tired of hearing about it honestly. Just do it already or stop crying about it so we can move on.

19. pirc1

The earliest they will have impeachment vote is early next year, these things do not move at fast pace.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone here with half a brain knew they were trash long long ago