1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting at congressional baseball game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jsingles

jsingles Member

I'm glad Sanders addressed Congress immediately after learning one of his supporters was out there trying to kill as many Republicans as he could.

No Worries and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Go to any popular white nationalist site like Stormfront. Overwhelming support for Donald. So no, you are as objectively wrong as one could be in this matter.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I believe at heart Bernie Sanders is a very good person (one of the few politicians that I believe is truly sincere in his desire to help people....even if I think his political ideology is misguided) and would never want his supporters lashing out as they have recently. It's good of him to do what he can to calm down the extremists who supported him last year.

cml750 likes this.
  4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Is that why they want to gas his son in law?

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Who said they don't suffer from massive cognitive dissonance? You are extremely naive if you believe that majoirty of white supremacists don't have some affinity towards Trump.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

FBI Joint Statement Excerpt

No Worries likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

BigBird and Dark Rhino like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're right, the biggotexxx "he got popped" would have been better. You're a sad human to have posted that.

12. bigtexxx

No clue what you're referring to. I dominate your thoughts and control your emotions.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A terrible crime by a lunatic. I hope everyone involved recovers, but it looks like a long road for the congressman. We need to calm down the rhetoric. I think Mr. trump and his campaign, both before and after the election, and then his bizarre first few months in office has clearly fed the anger of a small number of extremists from the far Left. Some that clearly can be "provoked" to violence. While they are small in number compared to the number of extremists from the far Right of a similar ilk, they are just as dangerous, in my opinion.

People of good will on both sides need to dial down the tone of the conversation the nation is happening. That starts with the White House and continues with those in Congress that have had, until now, no interest in bipartisanship. It's time to take a page from the relatively higher level of civility that once inhabited not only the White House, not only the Capitol, but also statehouses across the country. The Texas Legislature could use an enormous helping of humility and civility, as an example. I'm not terribly optimistic, but things have got to change.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You do realize that is the title of the article......but hey, Scalise is a sad human to vote for a mentally ill person to be able to buy a gun, then be shot by a mentally ill person who bought one.

Glad he will recover, but there is serious irony all over this situation.

DD

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Do you have any data to prove this claim? Unlike you, I don't go on stormfront or any other white nationalists website. I just saw a video of white nationalists in Hermann Park who said "Gas Kushner and I don't support Trump"

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Odd, every other newspaper and media report of the game missed this. All talked about the comity, unity, and friendly rivalry of the game, and the hope that it might be a small example of moving away from the deep partisan rift. No mentions of taunts, jeering, or "expletives."

Except one... from someone from the Moonie newspaper. One that has a reputation for a far right wing slant. One newspaper. One reporter. 'Course, all the right wing news sites (Breitbart, World News Daily), bloggers and other wingnut sites responded to the dog whistle and began reporting this (usually citing the Moonie paper). And of course, you.

Sure is strange... so many reporters from so many newspapers and other media news sites. And all of those somehow missed this story.

18. bigtexxx

You're a delusional old geezer who is so entrenched in your decades old bias, that you cannot think straight. Blaming this on Trump is very ignorant. I'd love to see your data that shows there are more extremists on the right - now that is hilarious.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... should we add ageism to the list of prejudices that bigtexxx exhibits here on D&D? Namecalling is inappropriate and usually suggests that anger has replaced reason. Perhaps you should take the weekend off, collect your thoughts, and return when you can discuss issues without resorting to childish insults.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone I have on ignore clearly holds the same issue as Mr. trump regarding penis size. They both possess an inverse relationship between a small penis and a gigantic ego. This highlights the value of scientific research, which has shown how fragile the psyche can be when confronted with sexual inadequacy. One can only hope that both "men" can get a grasp on their tiny male members. Mental health is at risk. Nay, the country is at risk!